Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Delphi XpressRC install ideas?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Delphi XpressRC install ideas?

I got this unit not long ago and it is awesome - although the cradle it sits in is longer and deeper than the cradle for my old RoadyXT. The Roady fit quite well in the ash tray but the XPressRC does not fit as well - it looks fine but I really can't push any buttons without it moving all over the place.

I got the unit from Crutchfield but they don't have a custom mounting kit for a G35 as they do for some other cars - just generic kits which I figure won't work very well. I'm looking to get the unit stable in the ashtray area, or someplace near that - there is not really enough room to mount a side plate which I think would be ideal. Crutchfield does have those for some other cars but not the G - I don't think there would be enough room to use that option.

Anyone found a good solution for this? Using the remote is certainly an option but I was curious if anyone has come up with something better. Thanks!

Old 03-11-2008, 09:51 PM
I have a bracket made by either pro-fit or panavise that holds my inno cradle.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:45 AM
Yes, that is the kind of bracket that Crutchfield sells for some other cars, but not the G. I've never heard of the companies you've mentioned, but I will Google to see if they make one for the ExpressRC and G35. I think the real issue is the back of the silly cradle for the ExpressRC - it is a semicircle and is fairly deep. They may have done that to get a nice tight fit in accessories but it is horrible to accommodate in a car.

I was beginning to think the 'best' solution would be to use the stick-on adapters and live with it. I guess my only concern with using those is damage to whatever I stick it on - I guess that would be the plastic trim probably around the ashtray. I would think that stuff would come off with perhaps some WD-40 without causing any damage, but I generally try to stay away from what I consider 'hacked' solutions like that.

Thanks for the heads-up.