Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Alternative to JL audio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2008 | 04:37 PM
I wouldnt go through ebay. Already did that and it landed me in a bad situation. Everything appeared legit until 3 weeks after when my whole subwoofer ripped all the way around. The only reason I purchased through the seller is because he offered a 1 year warranty and said the company would take care of it if any problems. When I e-mailed them, I got sh*tty customer service, got blamed for the damage, and the seller tried to say the 1 year warranty was with JL when it clearly states its through the sellers company which was complete bs. Plus JL wont warranty any item purchased online unless through its authorized dealer, which at the moment is only crutchfield.com. So beware.

Old 03-19-2008 | 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by 1trueG
I wouldnt go through ebay. Already did that and it landed me in a bad situation. Everything appeared legit until 3 weeks after when my whole subwoofer ripped all the way around. The only reason I purchased through the seller is because he offered a 1 year warranty and said the company would take care of it if any problems. When I e-mailed them, I got sh*tty customer service, got blamed for the damage, and the seller tried to say the 1 year warranty was with JL when it clearly states its through the sellers company which was complete bs. Plus JL wont warranty any item purchased online unless through its authorized dealer, which at the moment is only crutchfield.com. So beware.
+1. If you aren't buying through an authorized dealer you are SOL when/if something fails, which is somewhat common for alot of subwoofer brands.

Old 03-19-2008 | 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
+1. If you aren't buying through an authorized dealer you are SOL when/if something fails, which is somewhat common for alot of subwoofer brands.
Really? Damn I thought the manufacturer would honor all sales on their products. If that is the case that is BS. I just bought a brand new JL sub and if there are any problems I will be calling JL up and complaining and demanding warantee repair. Now they might try the "Was it installed be an authorized professional/dealer" bit but on physical issues on arrival there should be no problem. Just don't hook it up or install it. Problem is once you install/start using the Sub/Amp the DOA part is over ad it is your word against theirs that you did not crank the volume up or hooked up the wrong wire and POP!!!! Kinda sucks huh.

Old 03-19-2008 | 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by oooooooooooooq
also for those who have 1 10inch, is that enough bass? specifically to the 10w6 owners.
I have one JL 10W6V2 and it's pretty good. I have to keep the BASS at 0 otherwise it hits pretty hard. I have the TREMBLE at +3 and the fader at 0. I could also set the fader at +2 and that helps lower the BASS some so it is confortable. Unless you are a BASS HEAD I would say the one 10 is plenty for the coupe. I even throw in some old skool Miami BASS and it's awesome...

Old 03-19-2008 | 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by tjlazer
Really? Damn I thought the manufacturer would honor all sales on their products. If that is the case that is BS. I just bought a brand new JL sub and if there are any problems I will be calling JL up and complaining and demanding warantee repair. Now they might try the "Was it installed be an authorized professional/dealer" bit but on physical issues on arrival there should be no problem. Just don't hook it up or install it. Problem is once you install/start using the Sub/Amp the DOA part is over ad it is your word against theirs that you did not crank the volume up or hooked up the wrong wire and POP!!!! Kinda sucks huh.
Why is it BS? You should have known before purchasing what their warranty policy is

Old 03-19-2008 | 08:30 PM
|
oh i have a sedan, but i guess a 10 would be ok than. well a 10w6, if i dont get it on ebay crutchfield is rediculsly expensive and waaay out of my budget, i guess ill have to look on driver for a used w6.

Old 03-19-2008 | 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
Why is it BS? You should have known before purchasing what their warranty policy is
Because a company like JL Audio, with the reputation they have, should honor thier product however it is sold. In a store, on the Internet (I hear eCommerce is popular today) That's why.

Old 03-19-2008 | 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by tjlazer
Because a company like JL Audio, with the reputation they have, should honor thier product however it is sold. In a store, on the Internet (I hear eCommerce is popular today) That's why.
A world renown company like JL audio gets to where it is by limiting the amount of resellers it has to companies that can actually provide proper service and not water down their product with mass marketing and dealing with shady internet sellers etc.

Old 04-08-2008 | 07:57 PM
|
alright, i decided that im gonna go jl, my question is, regarding cheaper alternatives to amps, and would two 10w3s be a better choice than 2 w6's cause i dont plan on changing my component speakers and i dont want the bass to overpower. but on the other hand i do want them to hit hard as hell.

Old 04-09-2008 | 09:13 AM
Deep Sea Moderator
One w3 will overpower your stock speakers.

Old 04-09-2008 | 09:20 AM
|
is that so?

Old 04-09-2008 | 10:57 AM
i can couhc for that.. i just yesterday installed a 10w6 in my car and man does that little guy hit hard!!!. i NEVER expected that much power from such a small sub. Acording to JL audios comparison the 10w6 is just slighlty stronger then a 12w3v2.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...hp?page_id=210

Old 04-09-2008 | 08:05 PM
Audison amp.......far from cheap but the best sound your gonna find

Old 04-09-2008 | 08:15 PM
Audisons are good, but definitely not the best

Originally Posted by SickGs
Audison amp.......far from cheap but the best sound your gonna find

Old 04-21-2008 | 06:24 AM
bump

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alternative to JL audio