Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Easiest Route to run my speakers through bose?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 12:43 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easiest Route to run my speakers through bose?

I have an Alpine V12 5 channel amp, and I'm planning on having my old JL Components installed in the front, and probably buying either VR or TR JL coaxials for the rear since its for fill. My question is:What is going to be the easiest way to hook up all my audio into the Bose headunit? I'm going to be getting it done at Sound Advice, and this way when its done and I eventually change the headunit, the wiring will be done, right? Any opinions are greatly appreciated!

2004 G35s 5AT DG/Graphite/Premium/Huper Optik Tint

Old 04-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Easiest Route to run my speakers through bose?

If you have the premium Bose it's extremely easy to replace the Bose amp. Chop off the Bose harness and hook it up to a LOC like the Ven4. The remaining wires ... all conveniently in one place, run back to all six speakers. The remote wire is there for you too. The result was much better than expected, I'm probably going to keep the factory HU.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...age=&view=&sb=

I'm getting new front components put in today, but leaving the Bose rears. Since they no longer need to handle heavy bass, I think they'll be OK for fill and midbass. They run just fine off a normal aftermarket amp. I ran on all stock Bose speakers for a while plus subs and an EQ and the sound quality increase is amazing. Can't wait to hear what it'll sound like with real tweeters in the front!

Old 04-16-2004, 04:01 PM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

DJ is right, they will just chop the wire bundle in the trunk. The proximal wires from the deck will go into the LOC and then the amp. The distally chopped wires will run right back to the speakers from your amp.

If you aren't planning on swapping out your HU right now, there is no reason for your installers to get behind the stock deck. This means that when you do swap out your stock deck, you will have to:

1. Get a wiring harness (i.e. Scosche NN03) for the power/ground/powered antenna/ACC bundle.

2. Run RCAs from the back fo the aftermarket deck to your amp. (You should ask you installers to already run RCAs from the trunk near the amp to the back of the deck) Of course, they won't be used while you do have the stock deck but at least the wiring will be laid out for you so that when you do swap out your deck, all you have to do is plug the RCAs into the back of the deck and plug them into the Alpine amp after your remove all the LOCs. Your installers might charge you an overpriced amount for the RCA wiring though just b/c they can. You can do the RCA wiring too if you wanted.

3. The last thing is you might have to run a 12v 12 Gauge wire from the aftermarket deck (blue/white stripe wire) to the remote power terminal on your amp. I was not able to identify the power amp lead wire behind the stock deck ( I tried all the blue/blue/white stripe wires back there w/o success) I ended up running my own amp remote power wire myself...

Old 04-18-2004, 02:14 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

12 gauge remote wire?

With the amount of current on the remote wire this seems a bit excessive! 20 gauge will work fine, and be a lot easier to route through the car!

Kevin
----------------------------------------------------------------
04 Diamond Graphite Coupe - FULLY loaded
Windows up with OEM Remote
RE Short Shifter // Z Tube