Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

question about j's garage ordering dashkit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question about j's garage ordering dashkit

k, how do you guys fax to japan? how much would this cost, is this really necessary? and he said it would take 3 weeks to ship, that is a really long time...

Old 04-18-2004, 02:20 PM
Re: question about j's garage ordering dashkit

I am not sure about the cost for the call to Japan. You have to fax him a copy of your request and your driver's lisense.

Yoshi uses this to confirm your shipping address.

Yes, the shipping time is long. When Yoshi gets your payment, he places an order to Nissan for the kit. When he gets it, he mails it to you. I payed for mine on the 3rd of April and Yoshi doesn't even have it yet. Once he gets it, he mails it.

It does take a long time, but what can ya do? We do not have access to these parts, so we are at his mercy.

www.japanparts.com also had the parts but quoted me $60 higher... and for all I know may get them from Yoshi too.

Sorry for the bad news.

Jeremy

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
Volk GT-7's/ TEIN Basics
Falken 245/35/ZR19 & 285/35ZR19
Kinetix Racing Camber Rods/ K&N Typhoon CAI

Old 04-18-2004, 02:44 PM

ok, so how did you fax yours? i dont have a fax machine, and i dont think most public fax places allow that...

also how does the credit card info work? do you fax him your credit card too?

Old 04-18-2004, 02:56 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

I thought that Grubbs was working on getting these parts locally so we wouldn't have to import from Japan?

2004 G35s 5AT DG/Graphite/Premium/Huper Optik Tint

Old 04-18-2004, 03:15 PM

there is no way of getting the parts locally, they must be imported, grubbs is probably gonna buy a large amount, nobody in the states makes them.

BS/Graph 6MT Cp
19" GunM TE37 275/30 MPSports
kg/mm,cambers,cuscosways,injen int/exh,Alpine/JL/Stinger,topsecret
Vortech

Old 04-18-2004, 03:27 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club

by locally I meant in the states I know grubbs would have to order from Japan..but I would imagine if they bought quantity they would get a substantial discount?

2004 G35s 5AT DG/Graphite/Premium/Huper Optik Tint

Old 04-18-2004, 04:45 PM

In the northwest we have a chain of copy stores called Kinko's that allows international fax's, I think it was like $3. The order didn't take that long to arrive to Washington State from Japan, about 2 weeks, but your time may vary, especially if on east coast. Yoshi was great to work with and answered every question I had promptly (taking time differences into account). No way of knowing when Grubbs will have them locally or if the price will be much different.

Old 04-18-2004, 05:08 PM

I have a fax machine at home so I just called direct to Japan. Kinko's sounds like a great idea.

I basically wrote up a letter addressed to Yoshi and 's Garage (using a template from MS Word). I wrote what I wanted to order and the prices he gave me for each. Totalled it all up...currently $401.48, if you didn't know... printed and signed my name. And I included my shipping address again.

Then I taped my driver's lisense to it and made a copy of it.

I faxed this to him. Once Yoshi has this he sends you an e-mail with a web-link to a Japanese website for credit card payment. It seems to be a Japanese version of PayPal or similar.

I just received an email from Yoshi saying that he received his order from Nissan yesterday and will be mailing the dash kit tomorrow, Monday, April 19th.

I am in Orlando, FL and he says I will definately have it within 10 days.

I sent my credit card info on 4/3. Yes, seems like a long time, but until someone kidnaps and tortures an Infiniti exec til he promises to make these kits available here, this is the only route we have.

Trust me, I feel your pain, I have my car ripped apart (not the dash yet) I have my radio and amp and speakers ready to go. Still waiting on my sub amp and Monster Cable, too. But I would love to be putting everything in. Order it soon and take the rest of the time getting everything you need for the install. Don't forget the wiring harness and antenae adapter.

Hope this clarifies everything somewhat. Yoshi is extremely nice, respectful and answers back quickly. I understand where you are coming from. Look back to my thread from the beginning of the month. My questions were identical.

Jeremy

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
Volk GT-7's/ TEIN Basics
Falken 245/35/ZR19 & 285/35ZR19
Kinetix Racing Camber Rods/ K&N Typhoon CAI

Old 04-18-2004, 07:39 PM
Black 2004 G35 6MT, chrome wheels, black, still pristine

Here's the VERY EASY way to do it - NO FAXING involved. Just do what I did - SCAN a copy of your DL, save as a .jpg (enlarge to a good size where he can read everything), and just e-mail a copy of your DL to him. That's what I did, and he was fine with it - and I didn't have to fax JACK-SQUAT. Now I'll be able to live in my G35 coupe down by the riiiiver!!

As for the shipping time, I just got my dash kit last week and believe it or not, from the time he ordered it till the time I got it, it was just less than 2 weeks. He shipped on Sunday afternoon and it got here on Thursday (he uses Express Mail). So it probably wont' take the entire 3 weeks people talk of.

So just use a scanner and e-mail him a color copy of your DL and you should be good to go....

I'll have pics of my install soon.... I'm waiting on the HU right now. Still debating on the speakers though - I want to make sure I get speakers that fit. I'm currently thinking about getting the Alpine SPR-176A components for the front... and SPR-174A 2-ways for the back seat. I'll get a 10" sub for the trunk - Alpine SWR-1041D. I have one Alpine amp - F450 5-channel - that'll run everything. Can't wait to get it done.....

Old 04-18-2004, 08:16 PM
Location: Centerburg, Ohio (the geographical center of the Buckeye State)
Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, you can scan your DL into your PC and email it to him.

Yes, you can go to Kinko's and they will fax it for you for a $.

Yes, J's needs your Dl to confirm 1) you are a real person and he can track you down if you are a identity thief and 2)to confirm your address.

Yes, do what I did and fax it from work...just don't get caught faxing internationally. lol

Yes, it takes long to ship but is well worth it.

Yes, Grubbs was working on getting these parts from japanparts.com. I asked them if they would be cheaper than J's. Their response to my email from J's about pricing was "that is a very good price". I'm assuming that Grubbs prices will be higher since they will be the "middleman" from japanparts.com and by the response to my email.

Yes, $60 for international shipping is very good so don't squawk about the shipping charge.

Any further questions?

BTW, check out my new post about "LOOK what I did for DoubleDIN conversion!!!!" It may save you a little.

docron1 aka joepaniolo

Old 04-18-2004, 08:18 PM

thanks you guys for your feedback... guess that email idea will save me a lot of time n trouble...

yup and $401 is correct... I will go ahead and order the dashkit,

and what is this antenna adapter you speak of? whats it for? and is it definetly needed... I plan on ordering the alpine cda-9833, wiring harness wont be a problem, cause when i get it installed at the carshop, they'll have it for like $10 or so... but this antenna thingy, explain to me, i never heard of such a thing....

Old 04-18-2004, 08:20 PM

What is Yoshi's email? I think imma get on this too. Thanks.

'03 BS sedan 5AT, nav, woodkit, tint, Z-tube/JWT, Pro-kit, Nismo sways, clears, Delphi sat, BA Z-series fronts, Pro-series rears, 2 10w6v2, 450/4, 500/1, Stinger 1 Far cap, Clif RSX 3.5

Old 04-18-2004, 08:37 PM

The antenna adapter is needed as the Nissan antenna won't fit into your aftermarket headunit. Here's <a href="http://search.cardomain.com/cgi-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=53&EXTRA_ARG=&CFGNAME=MssFind%2E cfg&host_id=42&page_id=13114624&query=nissan+anten na+adapter&hiword=ADAPT+ADAPTOR+ADAPTS+ADAPTED+nis san+antenna+NISSANS+ANTENNAS+adapter+ADAPTERS+ADAP TING+">one</a>.
This the <a href="http://search.cardomain.com/cgi-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=53&EXTRA_ARG=&CFGNAME=MssFind%2E cfg&host_id=42&page_id=13245696&query=nissan+harne ss&hiword=harness+HARNESSES+nissan+NISSANS+">wirin g harness</a> and you won't have to cut any wires.

Old 04-18-2004, 09:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yosi@j-garage.com

i didnt need to fax him, i just took a pic of my D.L. and e-mail it to him. it only took 16 days from payment to receive the KIT.

03 coupe 5AT DG/G premium,performance

Old 04-18-2004, 09:58 PM
Black 2004 G35 6MT, chrome wheels, black, still pristine

Oh, and a lot of people get both the flat din piece AND the cubby piece which goes below the 1st din. I got just the cubby filler and the final cost was $395.50.

Note on the shipping tracking... he'll send you an EMS website where you can track your package. If you just go to usps.com (I think once it gets in the country), it's a little more accurate actually. I checked both, and usps.com already showed it made it to the local post office while the EMS website showed it was still in San Fran. FYI....

--Bamadog

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: question about j's garage ordering dashkit