Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

iPod Factory Integration clarification

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by montyz81
does anyone know if this works with the IPOD Touch? I am trying to find a simple way to do this in my 06 6MT sedan. All the DIY installation threads I have seen include the Car with an Automatic and with an IPOD Classic. Anyone?
Yes, the USA Spec works with the Itouch and the Iphone.
Check the manufacturers site out.
http://www.usaspec.com/ipod.html

Old 07-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Does either the factory option or the USA Spec model installed in a 2003 coupe, allow steering wheel control of the tracks? I thought I read that only volume can be controlled.

Does the factory option have more features than the USA Spec? This would be connected to a SAT-ready BOSE head unit.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i keep getting mixed info... can someone clarify what the us spec and the factory kit (everythingg35) does?

lets do a comparison between the two:
steering wheel volume control?
steering wheel song skip?
display song artist/title on head unit?
remove head unit?
easy install?

please clarify for us confused people to end all the madness. lol speak from experience.. because guessing or speaking without knowing for sure just makes it worse.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by G-MENTED
i keep getting mixed info... can someone clarify what the us spec and the factory kit (everythingg35) does?

lets do a comparison between the two:
steering wheel volume control? BOTH
steering wheel song skip? BOTH
display song artist/title on head unit? USA SPEC ONLY DISPLAYS PLAYLIST TITLE IF FORMATED IN ITUNES CORRECTLY / NOT SURE ABOUT THE STOCK UNIT
remove head unit? USA SPEC REQUIRES REMOVAL / STOCK NO REMOVAL
easy install? USA SPEC FOR ME YES (1 1/2 HOURS FOR A CLEAN INSTALL) FOR OTHERS MAYBE NOT / STOCK SAVES 30-45 MINUTES DEPENDING ON HOW CLEAN YOU WANT IT TO LOOK

please clarify for us confused people to end all the madness. lol speak from experience.. because guessing or speaking without knowing for sure just makes it worse.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Old 08-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Just to add to the confusion, I picked this up and will be installing it this weekend.

I will report the results.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...spagenameZWDVW

Old 08-19-2008, 04:19 PM
so the factory does use the steering control to skip songs? ive read numerous posts and havent seen anyone able to do so.. only adjust volume...

hmmmm...

Old 08-22-2008, 04:24 PM
UPDATE:

I just installed the AXXESS ipod adapter in the car. I was super scrupulous with everything and the install took me around 3 hours, by myself, using guides from this site.

I installed the interface box itself in between the stereo itself and the metal brack, I also wrapped the box in double-sided tape so it doesn't rattle. I originally planned to run wires into the cubby hole but the wires the included were like 25 feet so I simply had no place for the bundle. In the end I ran the wires into the armrest.

Impressions:
The box works as they promise, it charges the ipod, shows text, and let's you navigate by artist, song and playlist. The steering wheel controls do not work(besides volume) . Sound quality is good, I played a few ALE files off the ipod and they were indistinguishable from a cd.

Overall impressions are that it's well worth the 170, but I honestly do not know how it compares the the other 2 that are for sale.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:11 PM
for 2003-2004 models using the factory integration kit, the Ipod cannot be controlled by the steering wheel controls, other than volume.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:01 AM
Originally Posted by spinn
for 2003-2004 models using the factory integration kit, the Ipod cannot be controlled by the steering wheel controls, other than volume.

how about for the usa spec?

Old 09-10-2008, 09:03 AM
how about for the usa spec?
You can control first 5 or 6 playlists and the songs within them depending on the mode you set the USA SPEC on from the steering wheel just like your CD Changer. you can also skip songs within those playlists. CD-5 is ALL songs within your ipod. you have no control on what song will be next unless you use your ipod for control. I usually do all songs on ipod and set to random and skip through til i find the next good song. Kinda annoying but i love the sound quality.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:38 PM
so the best bet for 2003 - 2004 is to get the USA Spec.. am i correct? =)

Old 09-10-2008, 09:03 PM
so the best bet for 2003 - 2004 is to get the USA Spec.. am i correct? =)
That is the fault of this forum. Everything on here is an opinion from someone you dont know. And we all know what that is worth. My 2cents is that im happy with what i have and that is the USA SPEC. Well worth the dough.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:17 PM
anyone know if the factory one will charge the iphone?

Old 09-12-2008, 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by ITSAGTHING
That is the fault of this forum. Everything on here is an opinion from someone you dont know. And we all know what that is worth. My 2cents is that im happy with what i have and that is the USA SPEC. Well worth the dough.

true. the best thing i can get out of this thread it to compare the differences, because we all know they pretty much do the same thang, except one is easier to install and one used the steering controls to skip music. i guess it also depends if its 03 - 04.

thanks for your 2 cents though!

Old 09-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
I had the everythingg35 kit in my sedan for about 10 months and it fine once you get used to it. Quality is sound, no HU removal and ease to hide. I sold mine for 125.00. I highly recommend it.

Go Boston sports

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: iPod Factory Integration clarification