Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

iPod Factory Integration clarification

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
iPod Factory Integration clarification

I did a search.. found some dated threads, but I just wanted to get some clarification from those who actually know and not post what they have read, so I can avoid miscommunication.

I was on everythingg35.com and they sell the iPod Factory Integration Coupe/Sedan [999U7-IPOD].

I want the integration unit that still uses the steering wheel buttons and shows the songs on the head unit display. Is that the one I get? Or is there another one I should be looking for?

Old 06-09-2008, 04:36 PM
I think its called the PAC unit... I have another thread just like this, but didnt get a definate answer. I wanted to have it show up on my nav, but not sure.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Corvettekid
I think its called the PAC unit... I have another thread just like this, but didnt get a definate answer. I wanted to have it show up on my nav, but not sure.
yeah.. but mine is for the stock bose unit. i dont have nav so i dont want to get the wrong info. lol ive read other threads and too many people sidebustin and confusing the topic.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:24 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by G-MENTED
I did a search.. found some dated threads, but I just wanted to get some clarification from those who actually know and not post what they have read, so I can avoid miscommunication.

I was on everythingg35.com and they sell the iPod Factory Integration Coupe/Sedan [999U7-IPOD].

I want the integration unit that still uses the steering wheel buttons and shows the songs on the head unit display. Is that the one I get? Or is there another one I should be looking for?
The Nissan unit sold by everythingg35.com can be controlled by the steering wheel and will show limited song information on the factory HU. I have one in my sedan.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does it have to be an "iPod" brand MP3 player or will other brands work with the integration kit?

Old 06-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Some adapters, like the Nissan unit, are specifically for iPods because they have the flat 40 pin iPod connector. Other adapters can accept RCA inputs for any other player, but those players can't be controlled by the steering wheel or radio controls.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Last night i installed the USA Spec Integration kit and it works great. Very little song information on the HU but its pretty easy to use and get the hang of. It also has a Aux In (RCA to Headphone Jack) which the one at Everythingg35 does not have. But, you cannot have factory Sirius with this unit.

FYI, This is my setup.

Interface:
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...NIS&c=3&tp=120

Install:
http://g35ipod.com/installHW.php?skin=1

Sirius Receiver:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SIRIUS-SATELLITE...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 06-10-2008, 03:59 PM
So what exactly does that unit do, that the one from everythingg35 doesnt do? Also, are the same steps required to plug in the one from everythingg35? And you first, and last link dont work. Well, they dont lead to anywhere, fyi.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:02 PM
So what exactly does that unit do, that the one from everythingg35 doesnt do? Also, are the same steps required to plug in the one from everythingg35? And you first, and last link dont work. Well, they dont lead to anywhere, fyi.
The one at everythingg35 is much easier to install but does not have a Aux in. All functions are pretty similar. I did it my way because i did not want to pay $290 for a Factory Sirius Receiver and antenna.

Old 06-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by ITSAGTHING
The one at everythingg35 is much easier to install but does not have a Aux in. All functions are pretty similar. I did it my way because i did not want to pay $290 for a Factory Sirius Receiver and antenna.
Ohh, so you get sat radio now? That makes more sense. What does an AUX in do? Sorry for the questions, but i want to do this, and there is WAY too much info out there!

Old 06-11-2008, 08:16 AM
Ohh, so you get sat radio now? That makes more sense. What does an AUX in do? Sorry for the questions, but i want to do this, and there is WAY too much info out there!
An Aux In is a set of RCA ports that you can connect a RCA to Headphone jack cable to any other Audio Source such as a Plug and Play Sirius Radio or DVD Audio or other MP3 Player besides Ipod. But remember, if you choose the USA Spec Interface, you will not beable to use your Stock Sirius or XM.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Last night i installed the USA Spec Integration kit and it works great. Very little song information on the HU but its pretty easy to use and get the hang of. It also has a Aux In (RCA to Headphone Jack) which the one at Everythingg35 does not have. But, you cannot have factory Sirius with this unit.

FYI, This is my setup.

Interface:
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...NIS&c=3&tp=120

Install:
http://g35ipod.com/installHW.php?skin=1

Sirius Receiver:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SIRIUS-SATELLITE...QQcmdZViewItem
that is the unit that my cousin recommended, but i wanted to compare it to the one on everythingg35.com before i bought it. does it fit in the factory adapters?

where can i find the us spec unit?

Old 06-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by G-MENTED
that is the unit that my cousin recommended, but i wanted to compare it to the one on everythingg35.com before i bought it. does it fit in the factory adapters?

where can i find the us spec unit?
Yes, there is no splicing that you will need to do. The hardest part is getting to the back of your head unit to plug in the harness for the USA Spec. You can find this on crutchfields website for $129-$139 I think or ebay (Any Nissan one should work i believe). But remember, with the USA Spec you will not beable to use your factory Satilite Radio.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Yes, there is no splicing that you will need to do. The hardest part is getting to the back of your head unit to plug in the harness for the USA Spec. You can find this on crutchfields website for $129-$139 I think or ebay (Any Nissan one should work i believe). But remember, with the USA Spec you will not beable to use your factory Satilite Radio.

cool. thanks for the info. i dont have satellite radio anyway.. just the SAT button.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:09 PM
does anyone know if this works with the IPOD Touch? I am trying to find a simple way to do this in my 06 6MT sedan. All the DIY installation threads I have seen include the Car with an Automatic and with an IPOD Classic. Anyone?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: iPod Factory Integration clarification