Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Conditioning issue after Double Din Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ampvqfanboi
Having HUGE problems with my 2003 coupe all started with a short of the fuse for the parking and clearance lights. The lights on my ac controls stopped working but ac still worked. I was having problems finding the right fuse box and did remove a 10 amp fuse related to the stop lamp? Put it back. Then my car wont come out of park? Without using the shift lock release button. And this is where it gets weird my ac is out completely. No power to any of the buttons no lights no digital readout no even compass or outside temp but radio works completely fine.... WHAT HAVE I DONE?! lol please help my newb self
Same problem. Also wipers work but no auto wiper when you pull to spray.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by iamchris
I hope not. Gonna take it apart this weekend to look at it, hopefully it's be ac pins
got around to checking everything out again. Took out the unit to check for the "pins." Couldnt find any on the stock set up and jdm set up I had. My temp sensor seems to be all plugged in properly too, so I still have no idea whats wrong. Any time I put it up to anything 61 degrees and over, it just spews out hot *** air.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jamchris, did you figure out how to fix your air conditioner problem? i just installed an aftermarket bluetooth module into the factory stereo system and now i have the same problem as you. 60 degrees blows cold but anything higher blows heat. this really blows!

Old 05-20-2015, 05:48 PM
Received 211 Likes on 179 Posts
OKAY I have searched HIGH AND LOW. I even opened up my unit to see what I was looking for and I dont know what a "jumper" is. I own a clothing company not computer software... ANY HELP???

Old 05-21-2015, 12:07 AM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarrocker98
OKAY I have searched HIGH AND LOW. I even opened up my unit to see what I was looking for and I dont know what a "jumper" is. I own a clothing company not computer software... ANY HELP???
See this post:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...ml#post6648579

If you remove the panel under the steering wheel, you'll see a tube and a wire attached above it on the right-side of the panel. You need to make sure that tiny little cable is connected. Anyone that can button up a fancy jacket can button up their AC :P

Old 05-22-2015, 11:15 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
You need to open the rear portion of the AC controls on the new double din kit.

on the back of the a/c controls there are 4 screws

remove the screws

There will be a plastic jumper that needs to be removed

remove that and your ac will work

I have the metra kit and it looks ok to me

I guess some people like it and some just dont

Old 06-12-2015, 07:18 PM
@Blaze what does the Jumper look like??? I dont know and cant find the picture... ALSO, I will just have to see as my interior is still going together...

Old 07-22-2015, 08:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you thank you

[QUOTE=jcl;6487394]I have AC problem with 2004 G35 but I have no idea which is which for below instruction. Can someone upload picture with call-out?

I would appreciate your time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by docron1
ok....this also needs to be a sticky....

Here are the 2 usual suspects:

1. The In-cabin sensor - this is the little vent that is about 3"x2" that is located near the driver's right knee while seated. The wire harness sometimes gets accidently disconnected or jarred loose when you drop the panel under the steering wheel.

To fix this, simply raise the steering wheel as high as it goes. Stick your finger in that rectangualr slot below the steering wheel and gently pull downwards to disconnect the retaining clips. You don't need to actually unscrew that screw located under the VDC/trunk release buttons. Look for that in-cabin sensor harness and plug it in more firmly.

2. The AC controller harness - this tends to be the problem more of the time IMO. When you are doing your dash disassembly, when you pull out your HEAVY HVAC unit, you have to disconnect the power, CD changer, speaker, AC controller harness.

The AC controller harness is pretty tricky. There are 2 tiny retaining clips that hold that main AC controller harness to the stock harness. Be very careful with these!!! When reconnecting the AC controller harness, if it is not inserted and reconnected with those 2 tiny retaining clips, the AC will also malfunction.
#1 was exactly my issue after I had the stereo shop install my double din deck. This saved me another trip down there as originally I thought the mantra kit was bad. (Had a previous manta and deck that was stolen).

Old 07-29-2015, 06:17 PM
I'm fairly sure it's all connected. But when I get it back I will triple check. I just need to know what that jumper piece looks like. If anyone knows.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:14 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
A jumper (not necessarily the one in question) looks like this:

Old 07-30-2015, 01:58 AM
Perfect when I rip it back apart I will pop that off. Well, one like it.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:31 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Perfect when I rip it back apart I will pop that off. Well, one like it.
It might be a different color, but it's basically going to just look like a little rectangle that sits across two pins sticking out of the board.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:21 PM
If I am correct you just remove it right? What if its gone do I need to put one on there to see if it works? I just have no control over my heat. Temperature does not work up or down. Stuck on 75

Old 03-14-2016, 01:20 AM
I will look at it tonight. My dash is all ripped apart. Doing all the little things. Hopefully I can have AC this year...

Old 03-18-2016, 07:29 PM
Didnt see it any other ideas?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Air Conditioning issue after Double Din Install