Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

scoche NN03B harness wiring question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where do I hook up amp turn on and ground from NN03B speaker harness?

Originally Posted by docron1
ok....let me try and work through some answers.

1. if you are just running RCAs to both amps and NOT, I repeat, NOT using the stock rear speakers or stock Bose amp, you shouldn't need the speaker wire harness. Your speaker wires for the front components will come off the amp. Whether you run new speaker wires or use the stock speaker wire for the front speakers are up to you.

2. BUT, if you are using the stock rear speakers and not running them through your JL amp, you need to hook up the Scosche speaker wire harness. Otherwise, the rear speakers won't get a signal from the deck.

3. YES, you do need to hook up the powered antenna wire from the back of your Alpine deck to the Scosche wire harness. Even if you hook up the Nissan Antenna Adapter, the stock powered window antenna will not power on if there is no signal from your Alpine deck. This is a common overlook by people who wonder why their radio reception doesn't work, with or without the Nissan Antenna Adapter.

4. For your AC running full blast, do you have the Japan v35 AC controller yet? If you don't have the controller hooked up yet, the AC will default to around 75 degrees and will run cool or warm air to reach 75 degrees. There is no way to turn it off or alter the set temperature.

4a. BUT, if you have your v35 AC controller hooked up and your AC is running uncontrolably, there potentially could be 2 problems:
a. You don't have the AC wire harness connected properly. This is also a common problem at first since the plug connection has one major retaining clip and 2 little plastic connector clips. (Did you see them when you disconnected the stock AC controller?) Connecting them properly is important in having complete AC control.
b. The temperature sensor wire somehow got disconnected. This happened to someone else and he had the installer reconnect this sensor wire which is located somewhere in the dash. You might have to go back to your dealer to hae it reconnected if you can't find it. I personally don't know where it is.

5. I don't know why you are getting that popping sound. One possible problem could be that your gain on your amps are too high, try lowering the gain. Another potential problem is there is an electrically bad connnection in your wire harness that you crimped. Sometimes, if the wires aren't touching enough in your splicing or crimping, there is the possiblity of an elctrical short. YOu might want to check all your connections at the wire harness or at your amps (RCAs and speaker wire terminals). I am just guessing though, maybe someone else can answer this question beter than I can.

Hope this helps.

docron1 aka joe
I've recently installed a pioneer avh x1600dvd with metra dash kit but no sound, im guessing it has something to do with the bose amplifier? so will it work if I wire up the amp turn on and ground from NN03B speaker harness and where to?
I plan on hooking up subs and amp just need amp wiring kit but just want sound for now. And sorry for posting on old post

Old 12-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
Originally Posted by CamboThaiG35x
I've recently installed a pioneer avh x1600dvd with metra dash kit but no sound, im guessing it has something to do with the bose amplifier? so will it work if I wire up the amp turn on and ground from NN03B speaker harness and where to?
I plan on hooking up subs and amp just need amp wiring kit but just want sound for now. And sorry for posting on old post
The Scosche NN03B isn't made for working with the bose amplifier. You should be using the PAC ROEM-NIS2 - https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...urce-list.html

Old 12-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
The Scosche NN03B isn't made for working with the bose amplifier. You should be using the PAC ROEM-NIS2 - https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...urce-list.html
Well I was able to get sound from just hooking the amp turn on to the remote amp wire from the pioneer receiver, and ground the amp ground wire. So either it does work and powered the amp or just allowing the receiver to send sound to the speaker, either way I have sound now. But thanks