Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are some good component speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 06:22 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
What are some good component speakers

Hey guys,
I decided not to put my sub in my car and i am going on the route of changing my speakers only. I'm not very good with car audio so i'm not sure what brand and model of component speakers i should get. Any suggestions?
I'm looking for good quality and crisp sound for the hi's and lo's. I basically want the speakers to sound like as if there was a sub in my car other than the vibration of subs. Also what size would i need for the front doors and maybe the rear if i have the money. Also what kind of amp do you suggest with whatever component speakers recommended. Thanks for the help.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:05 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
You need a sub for music to sound like a sub. Otherwise, none of us would have subs. Large speaker cones move air that we hear as bass. You could get some large midbass component speaker systems for an expensive custom installation.

A good way to pick speakers is to go to a few local audio shops and listen to them. They all sound a little different to each person. Find the ones you like best for the price.

Also, if you have the Bose system, you need to buy 2 ohm speakers, which greatly limits your choices.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Gilley
You need a sub for music to sound like a sub. Otherwise, none of us would have subs. Large speaker cones move air that we hear as bass. You could get some large midbass component speaker systems for an expensive custom installation.

A good way to pick speakers is to go to a few local audio shops and listen to them. They all sound a little different to each person. Find the ones you like best for the price.

Also, if you have the Bose system, you need to buy 2 ohm speakers, which greatly limits your choices.
Thanks for the info. The only reason why i didn't want to install my sub in my car is because i don't want the rear to be lower than the front. I was planning to install my one 12W6v2.
Can you or anyone list some great component speakers with a good amp set up? Most local audio shops i've been to... don't really have any speakers to listen to. Most of them around me are asian places. They have some speakers up as display but they aren't wired up and they're really old models. Also majority of speakers that are displayed like at places at best buy, circuit city... etc are just normal speakers. i want really good component speakers.