Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Upgrading everything except for HU; need some advice!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been doing some searching and have noticed that when people upgrade their speakers and add subs, they only upgrade the front and rears but they don't touch the 6x9s on the rear tray. What are the specs on the stock bose equipped 6x9s?

Old 08-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Download the appropriate AV Tech manual for your car.

Door Panel and tweeter removal

What this doesnt mention is that you will need to tap into the wires before they enter the white colored harness that splits them off to the tweeter and mid. Make your way up the bundle of wires and you will see when the red and green wires that power those speakers originate.

Spacers for the new speakers you will be installing.

You need these so the speakers will sit flush with the door panel. Be sure to add some more foam that outlines the speaker for a nice tight mate. Its the little things that can make a big difference.

Other things you will need if you dont already have are of course the 2ohm component speakers, a soldering tool, some speaker wire, shrink wrap for the new wire connections, double sided tape for the crossover, and a tool to remove the posts in the door sail panel if you go with Kappa 609cs like i did.

Later you can decide if you want to deaden the door which will make a nice improvement. The complexity of the job increases but the results are worth it.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DrrSeuss
I've been doing some searching and have noticed that when people upgrade their speakers and add subs, they only upgrade the front and rears but they don't touch the 6x9s on the rear tray. What are the specs on the stock bose equipped 6x9s?
The 6x9s are only for bass in the bose system. When replacing the bose amp or adding a sub, there is not need to upgrade the rear side 6.5 inch speakers and the 6x9s. Some people only have front speakers and no rear speakers. I am going to only run front speakers and a single sub next.

I completely removed my 6x9s to let more sound from the subs in the trunk to come into the cabin.