Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Left speaker not working only for cds??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 01:58 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by High Octane
Same problem for me. When I was still under warranty, I never had this problem, but a few months ago it arose. Now I intentionally look for pot holes in hopes that it'll start working again
Instad of looking for pot holes, just punch the radio, and save the tires, hehe. I forgot how long is the basic warranty. Ipurchased my04 in 03/05 and have only driven it for 2 full yrs, damn army and deployments. Oh well I hope i have all radio problems before my basic is up

Old 09-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool HU not working

A month ago I bought my first '04 coupe and within a week the cd player stopped working. Giving an error saying there was no cd, the hu was pretty hot to touch also. I'd turn it off for an hour or so (was on a road trip) and when I turned it back on it worked alright. That problem has seemed to resolve itself, however I'm in the same boat as all of y'all! The left speaker keeps going out when a cd is playing. Augh, the frustration.

Any one know if the HUs between years are interchangeable? Or is it just a loose wire that's being a pain?

Thanks

Old 09-17-2008, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same problem as everyone here. My left speakers cut out when playing cd's. Has anyone tried just checking the wiring to the head unit? I'd rather not replace the whole thing right now but I've got no problem ripping apart the dash to tighten up the wires!

Old 09-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
It's all inside the radio.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn I have the same problem too.. I think my left tweeter is completely out because when i play the radio the 6.5" speaker is alright but there's no highs.. and when i play cd's the left side sounds like garbage.. well hopefully someone takes this issue to the stealership and finds out how much the fix is.. i missed my warranty by 2k miles..