Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

g35 aftermarket stereo wire harness

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 03:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mastaxkevin
i have 2006 g35 with bose system and want to install a double din in my car.
i already have the jdm kit with ac console.....my question is what kind of wiring harness do i need? does it matter if i have a bose system? thanks
Was the 70-7551 wiring harness all you needed to hook up your double din? Did you need the antenna wire converter as well. I'm doing mine this week thanks for the help in advance. I'm ordering my JDM dash trim as we speak. Anything I'm missing

Old 05-19-2013, 03:44 AM
I don't mean to jack your thread forgive me I'm new to writing on forums. But tonight I change my cabin filter and realized that the guy before me had installed an aftermarket satellite radio module in my car. I saw that it had been all tie wrapped under my dash and didn't want it there anymore so i chopped the harness connected to it and now my radio doesn't turn on anymore and my climate control goes on but the whole unit is frozen. I didn't cut any of the factory harnesses, I just cut the satellite radio harness. Fml I know I'm a complete duuuhe!! I tried to splice and reconnect everything the way it was and nada same ****. I even tried to disconnect the battery to see if it would reset the system but nothing. As soon as I reconnect the battery the CD player starts loading all 6 CDs and stops. Last resort is buy a JDM dash kit and wire up a double din. I hope I didn't fry the control board or something. Someone please help thanks!!
People say check the fuse but if it was the fuse the radio wouldn't load the cd changer when I connect to the battery. I even pulled out the radio to rip out the harnesses of the sat radio module in back of the head unit and reconnect the stock connectors to the head unit and same thing. Ac stays on low and the buttons don't do squat and the radio stays off.... Any help guys thanks

Old 05-19-2013, 04:45 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by 06infinitig35
Was the 70-7551 wiring harness all you needed to hook up your double din? Did you need the antenna wire converter as well. I'm doing mine this week thanks for the help in advance. I'm ordering my JDM dash trim as we speak. Anything I'm missing
Are the stickies invisible lately?

Here's all your questions answered:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...urce-list.html

Old 10-05-2015, 06:11 PM
06 G35 sedan base model harness

Hi I have a 06 G35 sedan base model( not Bose model). And I got a 71-7550 harness and found that is a female cannot plug into my vehicle. Did I got the wrong harness? The 70-7550 would fit ? Thank you in advance.

Old 10-06-2015, 04:40 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Yep. 71-7550 is the reverse harness of the 70-7550. Use the 70-7550, as specified here: https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...urce-list.html

Old 09-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is there a link here for g35 coupe aftermarket stereo install that is thorough

I have so many questions, and can't find anything. I have multiple connectors (more in the car that I have for the stereo) , and nothing seems right. I also have the oem double din bezel, and there is a huge gap around my pioneer 4200ex. Also, only three of the 4 screws on each side line up with the oem dash mounting hardware. Is this normal, or should I have an adaptor? please help if you can:¯\_(ツ)_/¯:

Thanks,
Rick

Last edited by Iagent; 09-04-2016 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:38 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Iagent
I have so many questions, and can't find anything. I have multiple connectors (more in the car that I have for the stereo) , and nothing seems right. I also have the oem double din bezel, and there is a huge gap around my pioneer 4200ex. Also, only three of the 4 screws on each side line up with the oem dash mounting hardware. Is this normal, or should I have an adaptor? please help if you can:¯\_(ツ)_/¯:

Thanks,
Rick

Well, you've got four standard radio plugs that go directly into the back of the radio, another one that goes to the climate controls one that powers the navigation screen lift mechanism, and one that runs between the navigation unit and the screen. Up to seven harnesses behind the radio - plus the antenna wire.

When running an aftermarket radio, you plug two of those four radio plugs into the 70-7550 harness or ROEM-NIS2 adapter. Wires going to the other two radio plugs will either not be used, or spliced into the steering wheel adapter, and the antenna wire plugs into a Nissan Diversity Antenna adapter, which usually has an extra unused plug on it.

Huge gap is pretty typical, and the 4200 never came with its own trim ring. You can pick up a generic trim ring - check my shopping list for direct links - or use any black plastic or felt to fill the gap.

Usually if you can get three screws to line up, you should have four lined up. You can always just drill new holes to get the radio to line up exactly where you want, judging from your workbench, you should be capable of templating where to put the new screw hole sin the OEM radio cage.

Here's how it should be, ASSUMING YOU DO NOT HAVE A FACTORY BOSE AMP.