Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Radio will not come ON, AC turns on by itself & controlls wont work - No display

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
It's something with the power circuit that fails and burns out components on the circuit board, but there's other problems that show up in addition to that problem, so there's plenty of reason to get rid of the factory stereo.

Old 03-04-2011, 03:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how sad, I realy liked that bose stereo even tho its stock, it performs well.
I drove it today on my way to work with the AC OFF, and it acted up once again. but on my way back as I turned on the ignition, I started the AC up thought I'd start the AC up before it acts up (beating it to the punch) it actualy went fine. drove her all the way back home and nothing. I guess it only acts up when its off, or I could still be wrong.

but next week I'll look up some new stereo, see what I can find.
anyway Thank you all! great work you guys!

Old 03-05-2011, 10:16 AM
I was having the same problem with my 03 Coupe. After researching on here, I heard a lot of good things about a company called RadioMedics out in California. If you aren't local, you can ship your radio to them from anywhere in the country. They fixed my radio for a reasonable price (won't give the exact cost, but it was between $250 and $300). I've only had it back for a day, but so far, so good.

I've read about other guys who have sent their radio to them and their problem has been fixed for over a year now.

Just a though if you want to keep the headunit you have and you don't want to spend over $1000 at the dealer for a new radio/circuit board or spend the money for a double din/aftermarket setup.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by mobbdeep1122
I was having the same problem with my 03 Coupe. After researching on here, I heard a lot of good things about a company called RadioMedics out in California. If you aren't local, you can ship your radio to them from anywhere in the country. They fixed my radio for a reasonable price (won't give the exact cost, but it was between $250 and $300). I've only had it back for a day, but so far, so good.

I've read about other guys who have sent their radio to them and their problem has been fixed for over a year now.

Just a though if you want to keep the headunit you have and you don't want to spend over $1000 at the dealer for a new radio/circuit board or spend the money for a double din/aftermarket setup.
That'll fix the circuit board problem, but there's still the problem with the ribbon cable connections failing, as well as mechanical failure of the disc changer and disc read errors.

For $250-300 you can get a good single din radio and trim kit from crutchfield.com, take your pick from any of these, and then select the proper trim kit for your year of car, which is discounted to about $90 with the purchase of the headunit. You'll get much, much better iPod support, USB, AUX, and depending on which one you pick, built-in HD radio, built-in bluetooth, there's even some with DVD playback (on a tiny screen).

Old 03-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
DANG!!!!!!!! this just happened to me last night!

Old 03-16-2011, 02:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This also just began to happen to me, 03 manual coupe. Seems infiniti was rather cheap on the R&D for this part of the car.

I will most definitely be going with a double DIN after market setup as the CD changer was broke from when I bought it and now this A/C thing is happening. My temp has been set to max heat for winter so as soon as summer comes this is gonna suck.

Is there anyway to retain the steering wheel controls with after market stereos? I really kinda liked that aspect of the audio system.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Hybird
Is there anyway to retain the steering wheel controls with after market stereos? I really kinda liked that aspect of the audio system.
DDin for the win!

Yes, the steering wheel controls work just fine with aftermarket stereos, the Metra Axxess ASWC (about $40) is the adapter you need to make it work.

Everything else you need to do the conversion can be found here:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...urce-list.html

Old 03-16-2011, 09:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool, ya I figured that out shortly after asking that question ha. Impatient.

I've looked over that link before, thanks for the heads up. Its an extremely informative post.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by johannaccord1
You would have to buy a double Din convertion with AC controllers. Look around the FS thread. You can find some double din for sale. I had the same problem when my ac and radio will act, I got a new HU and DIn convertion and fix the problem. The other solution is fixing or replacing your circuit board.
I know this was thread was from long ago but I'm in the same situation. I have a (used) 04 coupe, Clarion radio, XM, no nav system. My situation is a little different bc I have a blown speaker in the back so have disconnected both back speakers. I do not understand the difference in a double din and single din trim kit altho I believe it relates to having a nav system, right? SO, first I need new rear Bose speakers, then, as I see it, I have 3 options: 1. get a new audio finisher circuit board and keep the equipment I have; 2. remove and send radio to Clarion for repairs; 3. get the Metra antenna adapter, Axxess ASWC, wiring harness and trim kit and have them installed. Is this correct? Do I need a new ribbon connection cable?

This is really an undaunting task for someone who knows so little about cars! Damn Infiniti, why couldn't they just fix it rather than make the fix voluntary??? Thanks in advance for any/all help/advice!
Jenny

Old 04-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

So the radio is screwed up too? I thought it was just the speaker (disregard most of that last PM).

DIN is the size. Single din kit:

Double din kit:

Don't use bose speakers in the rear, any $30+ pair will sound just as good as Bose.

New circuit board may fix the problem, but if the circuit board was fried by a failing power supply in the radio itself, that circuit board won't last long if it isn't just destroyed immediately.

For the price of removing and repairing the factory radio, you can do a metra trim kit and an inexpensive single din radio that is nowhere near as prone to failure as the factory radios.

If you get a new radio and all the required accessories, you don't need any new ribbon cables.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:10 AM
hi.. i know this is an old thread and im never even on this website but i have been without a radio/AC on 75 for over 3 months and i dont know what to do!! I live in miami and everywhere i call they dont know how to help me with this problem. i read the whole thread and im interested in buying an aftermarket double din radio.. so basically what i want to know is what would i search for exactly like online that would be compatible with my 03 g35 coupe that would look nice and not like i bought it at a flea market.. like the exact name/model/size of what i would need? or if you know any places in miami that would fix this?! someone let me know please! i need music in my life. thanks

Old 08-18-2011, 01:11 AM
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
i had the same problem with previous coupe i had

Old 08-18-2011, 07:29 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by suzayy
hi.. i know this is an old thread and im never even on this website but i have been without a radio/AC on 75 for over 3 months and i dont know what to do!! I live in miami and everywhere i call they dont know how to help me with this problem. i read the whole thread and im interested in buying an aftermarket double din radio.. so basically what i want to know is what would i search for exactly like online that would be compatible with my 03 g35 coupe that would look nice and not like i bought it at a flea market.. like the exact name/model/size of what i would need? or if you know any places in miami that would fix this?! someone let me know please! i need music in my life. thanks
just hit up my double din shopping list at the top of this forum, it lists everything you need to purchase in addition to the new radio. you can put pretty much any radio you want in this car, what features do you want?

Old 08-18-2011, 05:50 PM
well i want the steering wheel controls to work. and i dont want it to look cheap. other than that cd, ipod connection, and radio will suffice. but as im researching this its proving to be way more expensive than i thought. what a bummer

Old 08-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
i was gonna get a DD kit and then get a DD OEM Bose unit from a Maxima/350z ..

that ways it'll look factory and work with the wheel controls and etc

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Radio will not come ON, AC turns on by itself & controlls wont work - No display