Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

PhatBox Installed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: PhatBox Installed!

The way mine works is via the CD button. Basically pressing it toggles back and forth between the factory CD player and the PhatBox. Once the PhatBox is selected, you navigate through playlists by pressing 2, albums by pressing 3, artists by pressing 4, and genres by pressing 5.

Its all very intuitive and it voice announces everything. The best part is - you can still you the steering wheel controls! I'll never be distracted from the road by searching for CD's again!

Yeah, its expensive at about $1000 for the 60gb setup (which I have), but if you have your entire CD collection ripped to MP3's already - this is a no-brainer.

I installed it myself since I requested a special cable that connected the unit to the SAT pre-wire. It couldn't get any simpler - had it installed in about 30 minutes.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Oh, and the system sounds AWESOME. Especially since I replaced all my factory speakers with MB Quarts (disconnected the rear decks) and replaced the Bose amp with a JL Audio amp. The Basslink gives it nice thump without being obnoxious.

Old 06-02-2004, 11:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did you mount your Basslink? It doesn't look like you're using the mounting brackets.

Old 06-08-2004, 09:28 PM

The Basslink isn't actually mounted...it fits very snugly into the corner on its own - no screws or anything. It's basically "pushed" into place.

Old 06-08-2004, 10:29 PM

Ya i wanted a PhatBox, but the price was just too much, so i decided to develop my own Carputer, i am in the mists of putting it all together and i should be done before the summer is over, it would cost around 1800 but its well worth it it can play mp3s and xm and even connect to the internet (if your in your garage or in a Starbuck's parking lot) and much more i have one somewhat insalled in a QX4 if you wanna take a look at www.NAConcepts.com, but its just in some begining steps and now since i have a G im ganna put it in there and complete the project

Old 06-09-2004, 05:34 PM

how do you plan on mounting the screen?

Old 06-09-2004, 06:12 PM

im ganna use the NAV assembly and put the screen in there