Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

No Power Help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 01:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry No Power Help!!

So i was hard wiring my GRS and i tapped off the power going to the driver side cigarette lighter. When i went to go turn on the key on i saw that there was smoke coming from the GPS power cable on the GPS side. I should have realized it can only take 5v lol but it was fine i unplugged it in time. I went to test the lighter with my RADAR but there was no power to that one. The passenger side cigarette and the one inside the glove box work just fine. What could it be. Any ideas of what could be wrong? Help me out i wana try to get it fixed tonight my whole dash is pulled down

Old 11-20-2008, 01:24 AM
Obviously something is burned there is smoke. I'd open up the panel where the lighter is and check the wire and connections.. maybe you burned it away somewhere.

or

"Reset your ECU it fixes all" <--- just kidding..your sig...couldnt resist.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by dlouly76
Obviously something is burned there is smoke. I'd open up the panel where the lighter is and check the wire and connections.. maybe you burned it away somewhere.

or

"Reset your ECU it fixes all" <--- just kidding..your sig...couldnt resist.
ya i opened it up and check the wires as far up as i could go but i do not think the wires would have burn it burned on the GPS end and that was from the GPS wires being to weak. Any other ideas?
BUMP