Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

LATEST PICS OF COUPE BOX!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: LATEST PICS OF COUPE BOX!

Looks great to me. Cover it in gray carpet and I'm in. Hmmm where will I mount my Sub amp?? Rear seatback is already taken...hmmm.

"God, Schmod, I want my monkey man!!"
------
Craig Ramseur
G35C/5AT/BlkOb/Graphite/17"
PhxGold/Focal/AudioControlEQ/Basslink
Z-Xtreme Grounds/Z-Tube&PopCharger

Old 06-06-2004, 09:14 PM

$300 is a bit more than i was looking to spend, but i would be interested in the final pricing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 06-06-2004, 09:43 PM

nice setup. i'd like it in the same material as the truck.

Old 06-06-2004, 09:45 PM

Is the amp small enough to fit under the rear deck? If not I am thinking of mounting mine where the factory bose amp is. You will need some fans to disipate the heat. If I do this I will post pics and instructions for everyone.

Old 06-06-2004, 09:49 PM

Do you mean the trunk liner on the side panels or the grey G35 embosed floor mat? I think I will opt for the trunk liner material to match the side panels.

Old 06-06-2004, 10:04 PM

4080, you've done a great job and thanks a lot for continuing to build this even though its taking longer than expected.

still, 299 is very steep i think for it. i would probably take it without the carpet and grill for 260 but even then it's still a little high....just curious, what happened to a group discount? seems to me there are countless (probably close to 20) people interested right now in this box, even if 299 is the price that covers all your labor and materials, it shouldn't be the price you charge for the group discount. you should only charge the variable costs...meaning the costs required to make an additional box, not the cost just to make one which is probably close to 299.

all i'm saying is that 299 is pretty high and i think since you have so many customers waiting as it is that a lower price would get you even more customers and provide you with a higher profit in the long run....just a little accounting advice for you i thought i'd share..

good luck with finishing up...i'm still undecided right now though.

Jeff
2004.5 G35 Coupe
5AT / Black on Black / Premium / Splash
soon: 35% tint, some custom box, JL sub/amp (not sure which yet)

Old 06-06-2004, 10:21 PM

It's a great job no doubt. Looks good and I appreciate the work in it.

However, I'm guessing the JL Stealth will be pushing upper $500s but that will be with a brand new developed 12" sub they are currently engineering. That's right, 12"!!! It will be a low profile and it will be stealth. No space sacrificed in trunk. The con will be that the stock Bose amp will have to be relocated....some labor involved there. However, for $300 shipped, I would most likely not purchase this.

I've had a Stealth box before and it was top notch. Most people barely noticed it and it had grills and everything. It's hard to compete with a large manufacturer that mass produces things. I was hoping your box would be in the $200 range. Let us know when it's all done.

By the way, I think I'd prefer the naked finish you have on it already. Maybe painted to match the carpet but it came out so well I think it looks great naked. Great job guys.

2004.5 Coupe/5AT/Ivory/Everything but front spoiler/Nismo CAI/Crawford V5

Old 06-06-2004, 10:56 PM

I was hoping it will be in the 200 ish range too.... for 300, I can get a custom mold locally....

G35c, 5AT, NAV
INJEN CAI, Borla TD Exhaust, Grounding Kit
Kinetix Plenum, Hi-Flow CAT, Front Lip Spoiler
8000K HID, PIAA 7500K SPARK BLUE
Focal 165K2P, E10A.22, Eclipse HU, Nav-Tuner

Old 06-06-2004, 11:43 PM

yeah that would work. it doesn't have to be thick like the mat.

Old 06-06-2004, 11:59 PM

For those considering the JL stealth box with the Bose system, where are you going to relocate the amp? I dont see anywhere to put it. Under the seats maybe? That would be a pain in the butt to do. I too was considering the stealth box but I think 4080's would be a more practical solution. I also have an Xtant amp mounted on top of the factory amp so that would be twice the work for me. If anyone has some good ideas for amp placement please reply. Im hoping to stay away from placing the amp on the seatback.

Old 06-07-2004, 08:46 AM
Man with green rock in Vortech

Maybe I am just lost.. but since when is $40.00-50.00 a huge deal in buying something custom for your car?

Anyone who thinks $300.00 for a sub enclosure, that can vary in subwoofer size, fit nearly any 8-10" sub out there, is carpeted and shipped to your door is high... go to a local stereo shop, show them pictures of this product (it's attention to detail and excellent fit and finish, as well as its versatility) and see what kind of price you get. They may tell you they can do it for less, but you will probably get less. Another big thing is the grill; it's not just something you slap on like JL sends you with a sub, it's completely customized to look like the door panels.

I think if $300.00 is too much for you, just get it done yourself, or build it yourself. Why post in this thread that if it was $50.00 cheaper you'd send money now? I am not trying to call people out, just making a point. You have someone making you a stealthbox that is more detailed that the JL box, better quality and will probably sound a ton better.

Sorry for the long winded response, and don't take this as a personal hit on anyone, I just know what it takes to do custom things for people and not get good responses.

Weekend: Turbo-fed Maxima
Other Weekend: G35 Coupe
and Daily: The 92

Old 06-07-2004, 09:55 AM

turbo,
I can't speak for the others, but every product has a "worth" to everyone. I think they developed a great product at a good price. I think it's a fair price. But in my opinion, I would rather pay a small percentage more, for a box that is backed by a major manufacturer and their warranty, includes a 12" brand spankin new low profile speaker, is of excellent and renowned quality (I speak from experience with JL Stealth).

I don't think $300 is "high"; rather, it's not "worth" it to me to keep me away from the JL box (and 12" included speaker).

"Why post in this thread?" I think we're all posting in this thread to voice our individual opinions on what this product would be "worth" to each of us individually. We each have different criterion we base our purchasing decisions on and there is no wrong criteria. Is your point that people should keep their opinions on "worth" to themselves if it's not favorable? Or is it that everyone should agree that this is a great price and run out and buy one because they put alot of work into it? $50 is 17% less. Have you ever bought anything because it was 17% off that you wouldn't have bought otherwise?

I'm hoping that for roughly 15% more I can get the JL Stealth. If it comes out at $750 (very possible) then all the sudden this custom enclosure looks a helluvalot better! I for one am waiting until they are both final before making my decision because I've got plenty of other mods to keep me busy in the mean time. I think it's important to note that:

1) They did an awesome job on this project and have all my respect. I could have never done anything like this.
2) Their price is reasonable and fair.
3) Their product is not for everyone; we all have different criteria and money has different meaning to all of us. For some, $50 is a ton of dough. We all choose the worth of money differently.
4) It's a good thing to express different opinions and viewpoints and share with one another in a meaningful way. Diverse viewpoints seldom do harm.
5) It's a good thing to tell the developers of this box what our opinions are. Large companies spend a ton of money with focus groups and marketing. These guys are getting free feedback!

Cheers!

2004.5 Coupe/5AT/Ivory/Everything but front spoiler/Nismo CAI/Crawford V5

Old 06-07-2004, 10:01 AM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

$40-$50 is money regardless of what it is purchasing. If I feel that this product isn't worth the selling price, then I won't purchase it. If you feel that $40-$50 is nothing, then by all means spend it how you see fit.

To put your point into perspective, how about I sell you some clear corners for $100 then?

Ivory Pearl coupe

Old 06-07-2004, 10:15 AM
Man with green rock in Vortech

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

$40-$50 is money regardless of what it is purchasing. If I feel that this product isn't worth the selling price, then I won't purchase it. If you feel that $40-$50 is nothing, then by all means spend it how you see fit.

To put your point into perspective, how about I sell you some clear corners for $100 then?

<hr></blockquote>

I understand your point, but you are quoting something in high production at low cost against something at minimal production with lots of labor hours. Point taken, lots of people don't have an extra $50.00. But it would seem odd to me that someone could afford a $38,000.00 car and not a $300 enclosure versus a $260.00 enclosure?

Maybe it's just me... I have been around the block on this aftermarket stuff and put my fair share in. I have done so much custom work on my other car that it's to the point of ridiculous. And I know what things cost to make and have been in the production process before. Possibly I look at it more from a merchant side than a consumer side and I am willing to shell out a few extra bucks because I've been there and can appreciate the work/effort.

Different strokes for different folks as always.. some people have to save money on everything they buy and others take it for its worth. But, it's not like I am an idiot and I am going to spend extra money when I don't have to.. I pick and choose my battles.

Points well made about posting what your values are and "worth" to you. Like I said, I am not trying to jump on anyone, just wondering what good it does to post some of those things?

jason

Weekend: Turbo-fed Maxima
Other Weekend: G35 Coupe
and Daily: The 92

Old 06-07-2004, 10:41 AM

i completely agree with the fact that $40-50 is still money regardless of how little a percentage it is of the cost of the box or even the car itself (.001% hehe) but i was one of the lucky ones, i'm 20 years old and my father bought me my G35 and i'm very grateful and appreciative of his hard work that allowed him to get me something like this. to him, $50 is absolutely nothing, hell my college tuition is $36,000 a year...but to me, a broke college student who just wants his awesome g to look and sound even better, 300 is a big price tag for this box considering i still need to get a sub (~200) and amp (~200). and i have a part time job = can't spend the whole summer's paycheck on a sub for my car.

so turbomaxima, i understand that $50 may not be a lot to most people because they just spent $35,000 on their car. but everyone still has to be respectful of others and the value they put on money. i wish i was able to say 50 is nothing and just throw it into some weekend project but i really cant. hopefully someday i'll have the job that allows me to do something like that.

but as of now, 4080's box is awesome and i respect him for the hours and hours of work he's put into the project. and if i could get it 260, which is still a little high, i'd be happy. but i'd love it even more if he gave everyone a little more of a break on a group buy since he'll be making $2-3,000 regardless...and of course, whats another 300 when you're making that much in a weekend for selling a box?

Jeff
2004.5 G35 Coupe
5AT / Black on Black / Premium / Splash
soon: 35% tint, some custom box, JL sub/amp (not sure which yet)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LATEST PICS OF COUPE BOX!