Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

LATEST PICS OF COUPE BOX!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 10:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: LATEST PICS OF COUPE BOX!

maybe a little early to debate on the price right now. i think we should just wait for the final price before we make our decision. everyone has their right on how they spend their money. if 10 dollars makes a difference in ones decision making, then that should be okay. so no need to impose your own opinion on anyone.

back to the sub.... will this work well for an image dynamic 10"???

thanks.

2004 Blk/Graphite/6MT/Premium/Nav/Spoiler/XM/Splash/Formula1tint

Old 06-07-2004, 10:58 AM
Man with green rock in Vortech

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

i completely agree with the fact that $40-50 is still money regardless of how little a percentage it is of the cost of the box or even the car itself (.001% hehe) but i was one of the lucky ones, i'm 20 years old and my father bought me my G35 and i'm very grateful and appreciative of his hard work that allowed him to get me something like this. to him, $50 is absolutely nothing, hell my college tuition is $36,000 a year...but to me, a broke college student who just wants his awesome g to look and sound even better, 300 is a big price tag for this box considering i still need to get a sub (~200) and amp (~200). and i have a part time job = can't spend the whole summer's paycheck on a sub for my car.

so turbomaxima, i understand that $50 may not be a lot to most people because they just spent $35,000 on their car. but everyone still has to be respectful of others and the value they put on money. i wish i was able to say 50 is nothing and just throw it into some weekend project but i really cant. hopefully someday i'll have the job that allows me to do something like that.

<hr></blockquote>
I guess I really didnt look at from that perspective because I have never had such a big gift from the parents. I will tell you that I am only 22 and also a college student. I have 3 cars and have worked for every penny that I have put into them. I guess I got lucky on a lot of things and didn't have to pay for some of it via friends and sponsors (on my maxima). However, the coupe is a whole different ballgame because I have saved like crazy for it and worked 3 jobs at times to afford it.

You are one lucky kid though, I remember the 96 seafoam green explorer dad let me drive as my first car.. boy those were the days! Enjoy your coupe and happy modding.

jason

Weekend: Turbo-fed Maxima
Other Weekend: G35 Coupe
and Daily: The 92

Old 06-07-2004, 11:10 AM

haha, my first car was a 91 seafoam green explorer - EDDIE BAUER EDITION...yea man that thing.....sucked.

it was handed down to me from my brother, the first 2 weeks that he drove it (probably in like 97) the brakes just kinda fell off and the thing went straight into a telephone pole. but that beast showed no mercy on the pole and knocked it right out of the ground hehe.

and i think everyone here is lucky regardless of how their coupe was paid for because they're driving a G35 coupe...if that's not lucky then i don't what it is. it's the hottest car out there right now and anyone in the world would be lucky to have one.

so i'd still love to see some final pricing once 4080 is done with the tests and all. turbomax: enjoy your cars bud, have a great time..

Jeff
2004.5 G35 Coupe
5AT / Black on Black / Premium / Splash
soon: 35% tint, some custom box, JL sub/amp (not sure which yet)

Old 06-07-2004, 11:31 AM
Man with green rock in Vortech

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

haha, my first car was a 91 seafoam green explorer - EDDIE BAUER EDITION...yea man that thing.....sucked.

it was handed down to me from my brother, the first 2 weeks that he drove it (probably in like 97) the brakes just kinda fell off and the thing went straight into a telephone pole. but that beast showed no mercy on the pole and knocked it right out of the ground hehe.

<hr></blockquote>
That is one small world right there.. I wasn't a baller though, I only had the limited edition with the completely blown high end factory stereo, hahaha but I backed it into it's fair share of things.

Weekend: Turbo-fed Maxima
Other Weekend: G35 Coupe
and Daily: The 92

Old 06-07-2004, 12:26 PM

Ah, but since they haven't decided on a price now, it's a great time to be discussing it, no?

My stereo shop built me two fiberglass enclosures, one on the left and one on the right side for $350. However, they're not nearly as refined. They're more of a MDF/fiberglass hybrid and are downright ugly from the back side (not complaining with the end result!).

From a marketing perspective, I'd recommend offering the boxes raw at $260 (-$15 for the covering and $25 for the grille), and offering the extras (grille and covering) ontop of that price, instead of subtracting from the cost if people omit those things. When you consider this is an expensive item to ship, it's really a pretty respectable price!

Speaking of grilles, I hate my current grilles with a passion. I may want to buy a pair of grilles from you!

-- Rob

Old 06-07-2004, 01:42 PM

All i have to say is wow. The time required to make the molds and the fit and finish this is top notch. You coud get it done cheeper but not better. the engineering of this box is 110% i work with 3D cad programs and If we design something like this and pay to prototype it so it can be big money. i thing your price is really fare

Good job guys
Brandon

Old 06-07-2004, 02:15 PM

This thread is in its 4th page at the moment. That tells me that there is enough interest for the box if the price its right!!! IMO I think $250 would be a sweet spot.

Old 06-07-2004, 02:47 PM

Holy crap! All I wanted to do is build a box that "I" would put in my higher end car. I did not intend to draw such raw emotions. Gosh, I am sorry. For those of you that understand the work and time envolved, thank you. For those that are questioning my price and reasons for a better stealthbox, I have zero issue with your views. I admit it is not for everyone. I tried to make everyone happy with the options the box provides. I new I would hit and miss. I do beleive we are jumping the gun on hacking the price and de-valueing the enclosure. I have not even shown anyone a finished product. Please be patient and we will see what the final price is. I would like to thank everyone for there views on this project good or poor. You guys are intense....but I like it.

Old 06-07-2004, 03:26 PM

$299 is a good price point... to all the whiners and babies, go buy a prefab piece of crap for $50!
This guy's time and research is worth a little bit extra plus he is making a VERY nice enclosure.
For those of you that can do better and that want it cheaper, THEN GO AHEAD AND MAKE IT!
and 4080, GOOD JOB!<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by lorinserbenz on 06/07/04 12:28 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-07-2004, 04:29 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

an idmax 10" requires 1-1.5 cubic foot of space, so it won't work

a regular ID 10" sub will work because it only needs 0.4-0.8 cubic foot.

this box is 0.8 cubic foot.

Golden Gate G35 Club

Old 06-07-2004, 06:55 PM

Yea may be a bit to big. We did increase the air space to around .9cuft. though. I will get you acurate measurements in the days to come

Old 06-07-2004, 06:59 PM

I was looking on image dynamics site and I noticed that the IDmax only comes in a 12". So no this will not work.

Old 06-07-2004, 07:07 PM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I have two 10" Phoenix Gold Titanium subs that can be had for very cheap. Good subs at a really good price. You can find them on ebay for change. If I end up buying this box, I'd sell my other 10" to someone if they wanted it for a fair price.

As far as comments on "You just bought a $35k car, what is $50 more dollars" We all hold different values like has been said. Heck I laid down $2700 on 20" iForged wheels which I'm waiting for right now. Rims were worth the high price to me. To others $2700 on wheels is insanity.

Ivory Pearl coupe

Old 06-07-2004, 07:42 PM

in no way was i trying to devalue 4080's work or lose any respect for what he's doing for all of us because of the price. i just personally feel that it's a little high and with so many people wanting this thing, there could be a slightly higher group discount. cause after all, once the box is perfected, the mold is all done and boxes should be comin off the line quicker than the first one did obviously so much less labor time for each new box. i still wanna see a final product and pricing because i still havent made up my mind. sorry if i can't afford it at $300, but that's just me.

Jeff
2004.5 G35 Coupe
5AT / Black on Black / Premium / Splash
soon: 35% tint, some custom box, JL sub/amp (not sure which yet)

Old 06-07-2004, 08:50 PM

Cover it in the same material as the sides of the trunk. That grayist felt material. If you could make the grill the same as the grill in the cabin that would be perfect. In other words, it shouldn't be noticible

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LATEST PICS OF COUPE BOX!