Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

USA Spec Vs. Perpherial Elect. PXAMG-A

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chrischil
They said something about having to call Peripheral for customer service on Monday. Something about the driver wouldn't install on their computer...It's gay as hell.
Oh, you have to have admin rights on the computer to install the driver. Maybe the shop guys don't have that? But you'd think a computer store would know that. Maybe they need to call the Geek Squad!

Old 03-22-2009, 10:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so wait, i need to actually switch some switches on the actual box??.THe guy(s) at best buy told me they went to the site and downloaded the firmware, but for some reason their vista wouldnt recognize the driver or something...it wouldn't install....it was a weak excuse....i cant go back until this weekend, cause i live in an hour from the closest best buy...

Old 03-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by wompem
Oh, you have to have admin rights on the computer to install the driver. Maybe the shop guys don't have that? But you'd think a computer store would know that. Maybe they need to call the Geek Squad!

they did call the geek squad....and apparently they couldn't fix it...it seems like bullsh-t to me..personally...I am annoyed...it was pretty muchh the only other thing i was looking forward to this weekend (apart from installing my ztube and my mudguards [rear])

Old 03-22-2009, 11:06 PM
I have vista on my laptop and it worked fine. Yes, you have to set all the dip switches to on when updating. The you want dip 2 to be the only one on at install. (check link I sent earlier to confirm that.)

Old 04-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Hi guys!
I bought the Perpherial PXAMG unit with the PGHNI1 harness for my 04 coupe but when I connect it I doesn't have sound on right side speaker?????I update the firmware and it said ''Succesful''.I does everything like they said dipswitch 2 ''on'' plug the harness of the ipod in the port on the left (furthest away from the dipswitches) so what wrong??? My radio is working great ,I put balance right or left all speakers are good.If I let the balance full right and plug the Ipod I can listen some music but at Max volume only.
My Ipod is upgrade to the latest version to.
So if you have any Idea let me know!!
thanks

Old 04-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it not working for the aux2 input either? If it isn't I would either call peripheral electronics and see if they know what might be wrong, or return it for a new one. It sounds like your unit is a lemon.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by Matthaios
Is it not working for the aux2 input either? If it isn't I would either call peripheral electronics and see if they know what might be wrong, or return it for a new one. It sounds like your unit is a lemon.
on ipod or aux2 its the same no sound on the right......I would like to return it but i bought it used on ebay.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Is it a pxamg or a pxamg-a? I was told that the pxamg had to be a certain version to work on the g35, or else you needed a pxamg-a. See post #32.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by wompem
Is it a pxamg or a pxamg-a? I was told that the pxamg had to be a certain version to work on the g35, or else you needed a pxamg-a. See post #32.
yes I got the pxamg and my version is PXxxxxx.36 so I upgrade the firmware for the .36a but I doesn't have sound on the right...so I just write to them and im waiting for their respond.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Elmecano
yes I got the pxamg and my version is PXxxxxx.36 so I upgrade the firmware for the .36a but I doesn't have sound on the right...so I just write to them and im waiting for their respond.
Elmecano, you can call costumer service at Ph. 800-477-2267 ext. 230 and talk to them directly. They were pretty good when I was installing my unit and solved one problem on the spot (I had no sound b/c the unit was not on ipod mode when I first connected my ipod). I would check all cables connections to make sure there are no bent pins in the plugs going into the PXAMG unit or loose connections going to the HU. After that I would imagine you could have a defective unit. Good luck.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:07 PM
When you say the Aux1 input of the PXAMG, is it the cable with the 3.5mm jack or the dock cable for iPod/iPhone? Is it charging the Phone?

Old 06-05-2009, 09:35 PM
DRE
dude i got the pxamg for my car its an easy install and im happy with it

Old 06-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by davetres
When you say the Aux1 input of the PXAMG, is it the cable with the 3.5mm jack or the dock cable for iPod/iPhone? Is it charging the Phone?
There are two modes using the 30pin cable. Firt is "ipod" where you select the album/artists/playlists/etc from the HU (but can't from the ipod). The second i "aux1" where you select all that from the ipod (but can't from the HU). Either mode work with the steering wheel control and since you're using the 30pin, it charges the ipod.

The 3.5mm (or RCA jacks) are used in "aux2" mode if attached. Then everything is controled from the ipod (but can't from HU). The steering wheel controls won't do anything either. But you can connect non-ipods this way.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Wompen and Katacoo,

Do any of you have 3.0 installed on your iPhone/Touch(s)?? The sites say that the PXAMG is not compatible with 3.0 but it doesn't specify what exactly isn't compatible or not working...

Can you guys please explain? That's the only thing holding me back from buying this adapter at the moment...

(BTW, I have an iPhone 3Gs (32GB) and 05 G35 Sedan w/ Bose)

Old 07-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Installed OS 3.0 on my 3G Iphone about a month ago (not long after it came out). But I didn't get to try it out much until the last week or so. (on travel)

I don't think I've noticed any issues so far. It all seems to work just like it did before.

Not sure what exactly isn't compatible.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: USA Spec Vs. Perpherial Elect. PXAMG-A