Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

So much more then just a stereo "The G" personalized my way

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts
I absolutely LOVE it.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats soo sick.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:52 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
perfect...

Old 04-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ryn996
Wow! You put a lot of effort into your sound system! I've got some questions you should be able to answer after what you did.

How much sound deadening material did you end up using, in pounds?

How much of a difference do you think it made?

Are there any areas you would really suggest to use it? Any areas you think it's not too helpful?

Thanks!
I am interested in these questions as well

Old 04-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Deadener will make a huge difference. It depends on what you use and how much of it. The more you use, the better. It's not all about using the deadener mat (shiny stuff). that is for vibrations. It will not cause rattles to go away, but can help a little. To get rid of rattles you need foam. Usually open cell foam will solve that, but it's recommended to use it with the deadener mat.

Some important areas are the doors. Don't skimp out. Put lots of deadener. It will greatly improve midbass and reduce road noise. The trunk lid itself is another great place. Following that I would do the remainder of the trunk to also improve bass from the sub. You may have rattling in the rear deck so I would do that next. Best thing to do is play some songs that will rattle/vibrate the vehicle in certain areas. Sometimes its just a specific frequency, so you can have the music playing as you wait for that part to come up and pinpoint where the rattle is coming from.

Depending on how much air you are moving will determine the next place to put deadener. If you are moving a lot of air, I would do the roof. The goal of sound deadening is to keep the sound within the car, which also helps eliminate road noise, and also to improve the audio spectrum.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by donpisto
Deadener will make a huge difference. It depends on what you use and how much of it. The more you use, the better. It's not all about using the deadener mat (shiny stuff). that is for vibrations. It will not cause rattles to go away, but can help a little. To get rid of rattles you need foam. Usually open cell foam will solve that, but it's recommended to use it with the deadener mat.

Some important areas are the doors. Don't skimp out. Put lots of deadener. It will greatly improve midbass and reduce road noise. The trunk lid itself is another great place. Following that I would do the remainder of the trunk to also improve bass from the sub. You may have rattling in the rear deck so I would do that next. Best thing to do is play some songs that will rattle/vibrate the vehicle in certain areas. Sometimes its just a specific frequency, so you can have the music playing as you wait for that part to come up and pinpoint where the rattle is coming from.

Depending on how much air you are moving will determine the next place to put deadener. If you are moving a lot of air, I would do the roof. The goal of sound deadening is to keep the sound within the car, which also helps eliminate road noise, and also to improve the audio spectrum.
Thanks man. I won't have a sub and don't plan to get one so I'll plan on putting the Damplifier on the rear wheel wells, dead space by the back seats (Coupe), and the doors. My goal is reducing road noise. Not looking forward to doing it since I have a strained rotator cuff

Old 04-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
If you are looking to reduce road noise, one major difference that I noticed when I was doing my Accord was using the Spectrum on the wheel wells and fenders. I did a good 3 layers on the front with a layer or Sludge. The rears I think I did one or 2 layers of Spectrum. I actually noticed a bunch of difference with just a couple players of the spectrum on the front and rear (without the spectrum).

Old 12-02-2009, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by donpisto
Nice stuff... which Zapco amps are you using?

Makes me miss my 4.0 and 9.0. In due time I'll regain the 4.0, get a 6.0 and a 2.0 as well
I am using a 4.0 and 6.0

Old 12-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by ryn996
Wow! You put a lot of effort into your sound system! I've got some questions you should be able to answer after what you did.

How much sound deadening material did you end up using, in pounds?

How much of a difference do you think it made?

Are there any areas you would really suggest to use it? Any areas you think it's not too helpful?

Thanks!
I have 400 sq ft of total prep. I estimated the weight at 94 lbs total. It is our house brand of JML SD1. It has higher performance per square foot which helps greatly.

The difference is huge....to put it into perspective going 90 on the highway I can't even hear the wheel spin!

First areas to address is doors and trunk. 2nd to that would be roof and floor. Don't forget the back deck the G has a terrible back deck for rattles. Any other questions just give me a call 636-343-2020 and ask for Josh.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Wow very nice! One day mine will be something like that.

Old 05-29-2011, 04:44 AM
Top 100 installers in the country voting Now!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are honored to be named as one of the Top 100 installers in the country. This year as a new development the industry as well as consumers have a chance to vote! If you like what you have seen from us in the past, we are asking you to please speak your voice and vote for us to have a chance for installer of the year. Voting ends on May 29th. Thank You again.

Josh Landau - JML Audio- Fenton, MO

We have provided a link for you below and it only takes a moment:

http://meawards.stnmedia.com/

Old 05-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
VERY clean, looks great!

Old 05-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
damn.. very nice...

for me i just leave my the way it was.

BONESTOCK>>>