Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Almost done, but I need some finishing help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Almost done, but I need some finishing help!

Okay, I dynamatted and installed speakers in the passenger side, mid works fine. I ran wire through the minigrommet below the molex on the car side and into the soft door side molex boot. That's fine. Since I'm running active, I decided to splice into the factory bose output (white harness?) to run the tweets (only 35w) and just run one wire for the mids on each side.

Problems are (Gilley/Troy I hope):
1) Can't figure out how to get speaker wire into car on drivers side, grommet isn't accessible once you pump wire into it that I can find and my hands are too big to try the molex solution so I'm without mid power on drivers side

2) Which wires do you splice into on the return side of the Bose harness to power the tweets? (Pretty much just need the colors for the FR and FL speaker outs)

Car is in pieces so any help would be a lifesaver. Please respond or PM. Thanks!

Old 03-07-2009, 10:10 PM
unless you've got a deck that does time alignment I wouldn't recommend going active... your highs will likely be SUPER dominant.

As for running wire.
door side - the hole was about 1" - 1.5" below the hinge,
car side - the hole was about the same distance above the hinge. I think I put it through an existing hole. covered by a lil black sticker thing. I had to bore it out though.

The tweeters are run off the front speakers. The cross over is built into the tweeter itself.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Awesome, thanks I'll look in the morning. I knew you'd be on point Troy. Real asset to the community. I have the tweeters replaced with the new set and they'll run 2.5khz and up, but I need to splice into the factory wiring to get the signal back that way. The amp is doing all the crossing at the moment. May do a cleansweep or 3.sixty.2 in the near future.

Last edited by releasedtruth; 03-07-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:34 PM
I think I found the info on the speaker wiring... And lo and behold, it was Gilley that posted it.

Factory speaker harness wiring colors

Front Right + Gray/Silver
Front Right - Yellow/Silver

Front Left + Green/Silver
Front Left - Red/Silver

Rear Door Right + Brown/Silver
Rear Door Right - Black/Silver

Rear Door Left + Green/Yellow
Rear Door Left - Black/Yellow

Rear Deck Right + Blue/Red
Rear Deck Right - Blue/White

Rear Deck Left + Blue/Yellow
Rear Deck Left - White/Green

Old 03-07-2009, 11:18 PM
if the tweeters are already xed over (will play only 2.5khz and up) then you should be able to tap onto the midbass speaker leads. the aftermarket amp will be able to handle this load

Old 03-07-2009, 11:56 PM
That's the plan. I'm running a JL 500/5 and I figured I'd make use of the factory wiring for the tweets and run some 12G for the mids. I'll tackle the finishing work tomorrow.. I hope.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Just confirmed there's only one existing hole on the car side and it's the minigrommet I used on the passenger side. I'd love to use it, but cannot retrieve once it goes in. Metal shelf blocks access so I'm still sol at the moment. Maybe my ride is a little different.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:13 PM
possibly... if you can, get some sort of flashlight or bright light and take the grommet out and see if you can see any light. when flashing it from either side
I know I had to take down the module that's sitting in the driver's kick in order to feed the wires in.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:25 PM
I appreciate all in the info, but time's running a bit short for me so I'll stop by the shop and ask the guys to make it happen for me. Everything else is in great shape though. Tweets and one mid are chiming along nicely.