Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

a couple questions, hope you can help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 07:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a couple questions, hope you can help!!!

I have a G35 coupe. W/ navigation.

I got the pioneer avh-p4100dvd

And also got the adapter harness off clutchfield.

Now here are my questions.
1. I have an automatic tranny. I need to connect my light green wire to my parking break. How and were?

2. I heard I needed to connect a speed sensative wire or something like that for my navigation to work.
Huh!? That's not in the instructions, anyone have a 101 for me?

3. My pioneer harness blue wire, is "connect to system control terminal of the power amp or auto-antenna relay control terminal" now on my adapter harness I have 2 blue wires one is for "power antenna" the other "amplifier turn-on". Which goes to the pioneer, or is it both??

4. Black wire off adapter says "connect to chassis of new receiver" amplifier shield ground. So I need it? Were do I connect it?my pioneer harness has a black grounding wire I've already grounded.?

5. I have the pac, swi-ps, used for useing the steering wheel buttons. The previous owner told me to change 3 relays. I don't speak Arab lol. WTF! It has 3 wires black red white. Were do they go, and what relays?

6. How do I bypass so my DVD can work while the car moves, and navigation to IF possible??

Now please refrain from leaving negative comments. If you can help please type it out. I really would appreciat it.

And don't tell me to go to a mechanic .

I like to try things out. Ok I'm lost but with your help n if I get it done I'll be very happy, I'm sure many off you understand

Well thanks again, and I'm in my car right now. Messing with it.

Old 04-29-2009, 10:38 PM
my friend.... this is NOT a car to learn on.
this is one of the biggest pain in the *** cars for an installer to work on. I'd say if you are unfamiliar with anything about the install take it to a car audio shop - I didn't tell you to take it to a mechanic

but if you're strapped for cash. the easiest thing to do is.... SEARCH

parking brake - you have to connect to the wire at your lil foot brake thing you auto drivers have. If you don't know how to test for continuity... search I just posted it recently.

blue/white on deck - I've posted on this prolly 100 times blue white goes to blue and if you want the blue/white on aftermarket harness doesn't make a difference really as long as it goes to the power antenna wire

That deck doesn't do nav genius speed sensor wire isn't a concern.

connect black wire from deck to chassis ground... don't worry about the ground in aftermarket harness. it's a bad ground anyways

steering wheel controls... go to PAC website print out directions. - MASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIVE pain in the *** to program good luck read instructions 4-5 times keep instructions with you when programming.

viewing video while driving... I'm not telling.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Ya im not installing my own noway it's a big pain!!

Old 04-30-2009, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by TroysG
my friend.... this is NOT a car to learn on.
this is one of the biggest pain in the *** cars for an installer to work on. I'd say if you are unfamiliar with anything about the install take it to a car audio shop - I didn't tell you to take it to a mechanic

but if you're strapped for cash. the easiest thing to do is.... SEARCH

parking brake - you have to connect to the wire at your lil foot brake thing you auto drivers have. If you don't know how to test for continuity... search I just posted it recently.

blue/white on deck - I've posted on this prolly 100 times blue white goes to blue and if you want the blue/white on aftermarket harness doesn't make a difference really as long as it goes to the power antenna wire

That deck doesn't do nav genius speed sensor wire isn't a concern.

connect black wire from deck to chassis ground... don't worry about the ground in aftermarket harness. it's a bad ground anyways

steering wheel controls... go to PAC website print out directions. - MASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIVE pain in the *** to program good luck read instructions 4-5 times keep instructions with you when programming.

viewing video while driving... I'm not telling.
got it all to work ,
but im getting no video.
i get sound. but no dvd video or iphone video.