Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Audiobahn quality?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 10:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Audiobahn quality?

Hey all. I was looking at some audiobahn speakers, and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with their products (speakers). I have heard bad things about their subs, but they seem to make a quality product. I am currently installing their a6004t amp in my father's truck. I will let everyone know the results if anyone is interested. My car is next, and I was looking at doing a system with mostly Audiobahn products. Can anyone tell me anything about their speakers? Thanks!

'03.5 Silver AT Sedan, Premium, Aero Kit/Package, Sport, Winter, Stillen Air Box, Z pipe, Polk Tweeters, Clifford RSX 3.5, 19" Gram Light 57F Pro's, Hotchkis sways, Borla

Old 07-21-2004, 10:35 PM
Re: Audiobahn quality?

Any opinions on a decent priced component set for the front and 6.5's for the rear? I was also looking at the Infinity Perfect 6.1's. I know Focal's are good, but those are real expensive, and I can't find any deals on the internet. I have found Audioahn's top-of-the-line for less than 200 for the front, as well as the Infinity Perfect's.

'03.5 Silver AT Sedan, Premium, Aero Kit/Package, Sport, Winter, Stillen Air Box, Z pipe, Polk Tweeters, Clifford RSX 3.5, 19" Gram Light 57F Pro's, Hotchkis sways, Borla

Old 07-22-2004, 12:11 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I don't have any audiobahn opinions since I've never used thier products, but I can tell you my opinions on Boston Acoustics speakers. . .
I had a set of BA Rally 5.1 components, and Rally 5x7's which were running off a RF Punch 160x4. . .they were the clearest speakers I've heard, and really sounded amazing. I also have had Kicker Solobaric S8Cs and S10Ds, which have been my favorite subs because of the absolutely tiny boxes that they need, which most manufacturers are going to these days anyway. . .Thanks for lettin' me ramble! Hopefully it'll help a smidge! :-D

-drew-

Old 07-23-2004, 01:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a ford explorer with 3 audiobahn 12", 4 audiobahn 6x8 speakers with tweaters, an audiobahn amp, a generic amp and an audiobahn cap and they sounded amazing. It sounded really clean and strong. System got stolen 3 days after installing so i gave up on that and ended up buying a G. One negative thing ive heard though is that a lot of audiobahn amps burn out and die shortly after buying. I heard this from an audio/video store in town, supposedly everyone bought the audiobahn amps because of the audiobahn name and then about a 2 months later everyone returned with a burnt out amp asking for a refund. I think this was just a bad install job and misuse of the product, i had a 1300hct amp from audiobahn and it was built very well, supported my subs easily and seemed just fine. Audiobahn does make high quality products and id recommend it over a lot of other brands. Hope that helps, im thinking of getting some audiobahn stuff for my G pretty soon, ill let you know if i have good results

Old 07-23-2004, 03:19 AM

I have a friend that had 2 audiobahn 15" subwoofers in his Tahoe, and it hit so hard it hurt. He said he was really happy with them, and also had Audiobahn amps. I'm not sure what the specifics were of his gear, but I'm sure new stuff is out at this point.

Old 07-23-2004, 06:32 AM

Good, thanks for the replies. I just mounted my father's amp last night, and will probably wire it today or this weekend. It is a great looking product, and it puts out 75x4 RMS @ 4ohms. The price I paid was amazing as well. I will let everyone know the results after a week or so. Any other comments are welcome.

Old 07-23-2004, 06:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as long as you know what you've paid for them, then its not too bad, dont think audiobahn can be mention in same breath as other brands in terms of quality and performance! likes of harrison lab, tru tech., JL, forcal, ADS....ect. but you arent paying arm and leg for it either [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]...have mine bout an year, so far(knock on wood) i havent had problem with them yet! if it will last me another year? and then its worth the money...paid 1600 for 3 10 alumQ subs,1500 HCQ and 4075HCQ with top half fiberglass box and installtions! it isnt too bad at all.

03 coupe 5AT DG/G premium,performance,
AVIC N1, Volk GT-7

307587-limeg35.jpg

Old 08-27-2004, 12:51 PM
Widdle ya into kindling

I like Infinity, but always like MB Quarts better. You can get a good price on eBay. The QSD line usually runs around $1400 a pair and You can get those on eBay for under $500. I had mb Q's in my old car and they are incredible, don't get the discus line. If I ever replace the speaker in my G I'm am going to get the QSD's on eBay because I've alwarys wanted them but didn't want to pay $1400, but they are under $500 on eBay. It's like stealing and they do amazing things.

Old 08-27-2004, 05:45 PM

Thanks. I have long since changed my mind. I will be installing shortly a JL 450/4 and Diamond Audio m661's in the front and JL xr650's in the rear. Thanks though! After that comes the JL 500/1 and the W7!!

Old 08-27-2004, 06:40 PM

Directed audio or orion nothing can copare to those speakers

OWNER OF MOBILE ELECTRONICS OF NY
THE BEST CUSTOM JOBS, NAVI TO VIDEO CONVERSIONS, REMOTE STARTS, AUDIO SYSTEMS, MOBILE VIDEO, NAVIGATION SYSTEM
ANY QUESTIONS EMAIL ME AT VSOKOLOV@HOTMAIL.COM

Old 08-27-2004, 08:18 PM
Sound Advice

Good choice with the JL, it was hard to keep quiet when I saw the words Audiobahn and Quality together.

Old 08-28-2004, 12:17 AM

Yes, after EXTENSIVE research, I quickly realized that audiobahn was not for me. I am looking for sq and spl, not just spl and flash. Can't wait to get it all in. I just dropped about $300 on wiring parts and fans for my custom amp rack. All Stinger and a couple high end Lightning Audio components. I am currently fat matting the whole car. Anyone know if the tar smell from the mat will go away? I will post with my results.