Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

changing the OEM bose system amp to...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
changing the OEM bose system amp to...

I searched,,,but could not understand since I am like...new? to audio system.

I have changed the speakers to Infinity 6020cs components and the difference was subtle. But it was clear and louder than the oem ones. And espcially bass wasn't good. So the promblem I found by reasrching was that the bose amp is not good...

The question is, Changing oem amp to an aftermarket amp will change the audio sound a lot better?...

My budget is like 150ish for just amp..anyone recommand amps?...(No subwoofers installed)

Oh plus, I heard that wire is also important. Should I get wires from online stores or just tell the audio shop to use their wires?..??

Old 10-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if it's bass you seek, your not going to get much out of those components. What people new to car audio don't understand (don't know if your in this boat) is that when you replace factory speakers and put in aftermarket, the design and intent of these speakers change as well. OEM speakers are designed to play all frequencies, and still do a decent job...whereas aftermarket componments are designed to play upper throug mid-bass frequencies, not all the way down to sub frequencies.

Two things aren't playing in your favor...the components you have are typically not the best when it comes to the lower frequencies. 2nd, if you add an amp,it will get louder, but won't necessarily play lower due to the first problem.

If you added a sub and amp, I think you would have achieved what you are looking for. Don't get me wrong, adding an amp to the front components is never a bad idea, and will definately play louder and with more authority...its just that an amp is only going to amplify your bass problem -- that you don't have any.

If you read the above and still want to go the amp route, one other suggestion I would make is the sound deaden the doors and seal up all the holes. This generally makes a decent difference as you are reducing phase cancelation in the bass frequencies.

Still not satisfied, and want to get an amp, i would check out some rockford or alpine...decent amps for a low investment. As far as wire, with your equipment and budget I don't think you would see a difference. If you were spending a thousand on components alone, and have high quality amps, then yes....you'll probably hear a difference. But again, for what your doing, stock wire, or shop wire will be just fine.

I hope this answers your questions, just throwing in my .02.