Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

NAV Disclaimer Gone Forever & XBox on NAV Screen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2004 | 11:11 PM
|
NAV Disclaimer Gone Forever & XBox on NAV Screen

Hi folks:

I am new to this forum. I frequent the Nissanmurano.org website as I am a proud Murano owner. I do like to see how the rest of my Nissan family is doing though.

Anyway, I am probably most well known for radical modifications to my MO'. I have developed two circuits in particular that may interest users of this forum.

The first is a circuit to eliminate the annoying NAG screen that shows up on the nav every time you turn on the car. It is called the NO-NAG circuit. I have installed it in Murano's and FX's so far. You can see info about it here:

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2596&perpage=15&pagenum ber=1

The second is a device to connect your XBox directly to your NAV screen. With my modified x-box I can see movies, store tons of games on my hard drive, store all my mp3's and play them on a media player. The possibilities are limitless. This circuit is called the NAVBox. You can see details here and an MPG movie here:

http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2301

Thanks for looking!

Old 08-19-2004 | 10:56 AM
Re: NAV Disclaimer Gone Forever & XBox on NAV Scre

I have been thinking about something like this since before i even got my G35, b/c i think the disclaimer is very annoying. Unfortunately, I didn't have the skills to make something like this.

Have you determined if it will attach to the G35 nav system as easily as it attaches to the Murano's?

Old 08-19-2004 | 04:54 PM

i would get this, if it works with g35, and if i can get a setup guide on how to hook it up with my xbox and all that good stuff, i love this! even though im getting an 05, im willing to order this right now, love the media center option with mp3s. is the programming for the media center and xbox apps going to be provided?
awesome job

Old 08-20-2004 | 05:29 AM
Re: NAV Disclaimer Gone Forever & XBox on NAV Screen

Shoot me a PM,. I would love to get this mod done for my coupe. Now it's time to find a place to mount the gigantic X-Box .

CPV35 G35C Maliblue

Old 08-20-2004 | 10:48 AM

Heh SI_G35Coupe,

Your sig is generating cookie requests from villanova.edu. Cookies are evil.

<font color=blue>'04 G35S 5AT, Black Obsidian/Willow, Prem/Nav/Sat</font color=blue>

Old 08-20-2004 | 12:09 PM

Cookie requests? It doesn't do anything when I view it? How do I make it stop?

About the nav mod... I am in the NYC area and would like to do this Enter button mod if possible.

Old 08-20-2004 | 05:57 PM

I would be interested also in the navbox and nonag mod , I live in Long Island and would help accelerate the process of getting this to work in our G's asap , I would have replied on the murano forums but didnt want to cause confusion and wanted to keep the G stuff here, PLEASE keep us updated - Benny

Old 08-20-2004 | 06:33 PM

Here are the two cookie requests that are being generated. My cookie crusher identifies them as site tracking cookies. Not sure there is anyway to stop them, other than complain to the school domain webmaster. Nice webpage, BTW.

Domain: www.villanova.edu
Cookie name: SaneID
Expires: 2009/08/20

Domain: www65.homepage.villanova.edu
Cookie name: SaneID
Expires: 2009/08/20

<font color=blue>'04 G35S 5AT, Black Obsidian/Willow, Prem/Nav/Sat</font color=blue>

Old 08-20-2004 | 09:39 PM

Yeah I stumbled accross those mods the other day when looking for Jaak's N-BUS information. Very cool although it requires soldering onto the controller. I have to think it'd be possible to make something that taps into the wiring going to the NAV unit in the glovebox, would make the whole install a lot easier. Either way I'd love to have that mod!

Rant: Whatever laws are in place cause auto makers to put that stupid disclaimer with an "I AGREE" button need to be abolished. Showing it for a few seconds on start is fine. I can't imagine that the I agree button has prevented even a single accident!

Old 08-21-2004 | 01:47 AM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Here are the two cookie requests that are being generated. My cookie crusher identifies them as site tracking cookies. Not sure there is anyway to stop them, other than complain to the school domain webmaster. Nice webpage, BTW.

<hr></blockquote>

[off topic] Well, that's my school for ya. Villanova's UNIT (UNiversity Information Technologies) is an evil and maniacal organization that not only blocks MP3 sharing on campus, apparently now they're firing off cookies at people that visit my website... those f@ckers.
i was keeping my sig on there b/c there's no bandwith limitation, versus my real server that i actually pay for. [/off topic]

Seriously though, about the No-Nag circuit... if you need to test it on a G or something I will be a guinea pig as long as you don't mess up my nav system

Old 08-22-2004 | 01:59 AM
G35driver.com Moderator

hey djrob i dont think there are any laws for it. my mom has a 2004 mercedes S430 and the nav doesnt nag at startup... i've also heard that the new acura TL is the same way (cant confirm this one 100% though)

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake/AVIC-N1-double-din

Old 08-23-2004 | 10:36 AM

Generator please keep us posted, Im in LI and would be willing to take a ride up there to get this going let me know.

Old 09-08-2004 | 07:18 PM

FYI I have been communicating with Generator on the NONAG module and the NAVBOX interface, We hope to do a step by step documented install in weeks to come . If anyone has not seen his mods at work follow the link in the first post.

Old 09-08-2004 | 07:42 PM

One extra button push doesn't seem so bad compared to the difficult procedure of installing that mod IMHO. Topping the annoying chart for me is simply USING that joystick/button to do anything.

Old 09-08-2004 | 11:39 PM

My friend's got an 04 TL and it has the agree button.

Benzito: So have we confirmed it works on the G35? If so I'll order one. I'm not afraid of the procedure. I've become proficient at removing the radio (see my Phatbox + XM trial info) and generally hacking at my stock components. :P

-- Rob

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NAV Disclaimer Gone Forever & XBox on NAV Screen