Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

DON'T GET STOCK NAVI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DON'T GET STOCK NAVI

This is for those of you looking to buy a G35.

Save yourself a shitload of pain and suffering and DO NOT get the factory NAV.

I know eventually down the line, having the stock NAVI would keep the value of my car higher... but ONLY IF IT WORKED!!!

I've had the car for a lil over 2 months. NAVI has been broken for about 2 weeks. They say the part is on back-order and that I will have to wait for about another 2 weeks just to get an ETA.

For those of you that have the factroy NAV and have had no problems, (DISC ERROR), count your blessings. It's acinine. Granted it's a sweet system but like i said, WHEN IT WORKS.

I've made a call to INFINITI CONSUMER AFFAIRS and they told me they've opened up a ticket, will be calling the dealer to get a handle on the situation and give me a call. I demanded compensation and they said the part is on backorder, nothing they could do.

JOTKKA SHEEEBAL! (if you know korean, u'll feel me)
can't censor that!

Arrrrrghh! It's just wrong. Wrong i say!

| 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Premium Pkg | Aero Pkg | Navigation | SKYLINE+GT350 emblems | Clear Corners | 35% & 50% Tints |

Old 09-01-2004, 06:38 PM
Re: DON'T GET STOCK NAVI

I'm no veteran around here, and i still consider myself a newbie, having only been a member for about 6 months... but i've been around for long enough to know that posts like this are somewhat counterproductive.

there's no need to post with a title like "DONT GET STOCK NAV".... plenty of people on the board have navigation and this doesn't seem to be a widespread problem, more like an isolated case.

as OEM navi systems's go, ours is tough to beat. for $2000 it's impossible to get such a cleanly integrated system. are there better ones, sure. but there's no need to bash it because your system isn't working right. like i said, plenty of us have navi and are problem free.

posting your experience and telling everybody about it is fine, that's the purpose of this site: sharing information. no need to badmouth the G because of one isolated case of an electronic malfunction... the G35 is a car, and as such, they all have glitches every so often.

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

This is for those of you looking to buy a G35.

Save yourself a shitload of pain and suffering and DO NOT get the factory NAV.

I know eventually down the line, having the stock NAVI would keep the value of my car higher... but ONLY IF IT WORKED!!!

<hr></blockquote>

i'm not trying to discredit you or insult you in and way, I'm just making the point... that forums have great power over the decision making processes of people. i know this b/c i trolled the forums for 3-4 months before i committed to ordering a G35 coupe. it would be a shame to turn off a potential G35 driver over one incident. for it's price, the G is a great car. but like i said before, it's just a car after all... they're all susceptible to glitches and certainly to parts being on backorder.

that being said, i hope infiniti can fix your problem quickly once the part becomes available. it sucks when something's not working, especially being only 2 months old.

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by SI_G35Coupe on 09/01/04 03:43 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 09-01-2004, 07:29 PM

homeboy. just chill.

don't get all worked up. i'm just venting.
I love my car to death, forever and ever, amen.

That's why i'm so freaking pissed off about my navi not working. I know it's a sweet system.

And as far as this being counter productive yada yada, shut it. People should know that this is a great car.

Like you said, nothing's perfect and there are glitches. I'm just mad i gotta wait another 2 weeks. I was on snooping around this forum for an entire year, hearing about the various defects and TSBs, little rattles and all that. Hell, someone could have posted the same subject, but i still got the car.

Much love for you, fellow G rider, but unless you've been through the exact situation, shut your cakehole.
Imagine driving your G for a month without having your sweet NAVI working. I don't mean to insult you or offend you, but you just don't know.

Another thing is i drive a lot for my work, use NAVI to search out places, get directions, the whole gamut. It really sucks to not have NAVI work.

| 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Premium Pkg | Aero Pkg | Navigation | SKYLINE+GT350 emblems | Clear Corners | 35% & 50% Tints |

Old 09-01-2004, 08:40 PM

I think the stock Navi is great - no problems so far - but even if a problem did occur I have the common sense and undrstanding - that even with all of the great technology we have, we are still driving machines and machines break - if your car was suppose to have zero problems from your date of purchase they would not give you a 60,000 mile warranty - they would give you a one hour one mile warranty - wake up!!!oh yeah, and your car also has about 20,000 moving parts in it. so get used to it. even if that car was built 99.9% perfect you would still have to visit the service department at least 20 times during your ownership experience - and there is not one car company out there that hae a 99.9% perfect build quality...Some of these posts are ridiculous...

Old 09-01-2004, 08:42 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

And as far as this being counter productive yada yada, shut it.
Much love for you, fellow G rider, but unless you've been through the exact situation, shut your cakehole.

<hr></blockquote>

And your telling him to chill???

I have to aggree with SI, we all undertanding the need to vent but in your orginal post, you are really putting the car in a bad light when it is not necessary. I also agree that yours is probably the exception rather then the rule.

I have had my NAVI for almost a year now and it has be flawless. I am sure it will get fixed.

2004 Laser Red 6MT G35 Coupe. Nav, Aero, Prem, Splash Guard, Clear Bra, Z-tube, JWT Pop Charger

Old 09-01-2004, 09:53 PM

I wasn't trying to start ruckus, just wanted to point out to that this is, as someone else said, the exception rather than the rule.

i hear ya on the navi being used for your work... i could see that being a major PITA.

if i came on a little too strong, i apologize.

Old 09-01-2004, 10:25 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am still hoping they would intergrate a better software into our NAV, faster processor and a HDD data bank instead of the DVD. The Acura system is much better than our system... and it cost same amount of money.

CPV35 G35C Maliblue

Old 09-01-2004, 10:37 PM

It's koo SI. I apologize if i sounded like i came off harsh.

It HELLA sucks man. Me very mad.

As for the ACURA system, yeah. I *HATE* to admit it, the NAVI in ACURA is better. But we do have the 3D Bird View. Instead of the PLAN VIEW.

Old 09-02-2004, 02:12 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Are they regional/CD based instead of DVD?

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35s
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / XM / Tint
<font color=blue>Z-tube, Pop-charger, Borla True-Dual Exhaust, Eibach Pro Kit, GroundingGear</font color=blue>

Old 09-04-2004, 01:22 PM
G SQUAD

I love our navigation systems. I wish it was faster sometimes though, other than that no prob here.

-Vin