Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Bose CD skipping

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock Bose CD skipping

I have the Bose setup in the 04 coupe.. and sometimes when I start up the car, my cd's will randomly skip. There is nothing wrong with them, and they play fine all the time. But sometimes I'll start the car and the cd just wont play, it skips and skips and repeats. Gotta play around with it for a minute before it will play correctly.

Anybody else experience this or have any idea whats going on? The only thing I can think of is a problem with the "memory" feature I guess you would call it. The anti-shock feature, where the player "remembers" the next xx seconds of the song so if you catch a hard bump, it keeps playing.

I remember when that feature first came out for cd players.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have an 04 coupe and my cd player does the same damn thing!!! So I just got an aux setup installed. eff cd's. haha. but yea, if anyone has a fix, that would be great!!!

Old 01-25-2010, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by ciraleon
I have an 04 coupe and my cd player does the same damn thing!!! So I just got an aux setup installed. eff cd's. haha. but yea, if anyone has a fix, that would be great!!!
I think the only times it does it is when the car is cold or hasnt been on for a while. I have to either switch around from cd to am/fm a few times or shut the car off and turn it back on. Its a pain when it happens and well, it shouldn't happen.. haha.

I've been thinking about going with a different HU and new speakers because TBH the sound out of the Bose isn't anything special AT ALL.

I searched a bit and see that you have to do modding for the dual climate control to work with the conversion kit? Does anyone know if there is a kit that you can buy that has a working DCC button?

Old 01-25-2010, 11:06 PM
kei
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't recommend getting it fixed or replaced unless its free under warranty. I have a 05 Sedan and i went through two already, both fixed under warranty. Mine is stuck with 'Press Eject' and wont do anything. Before this it wouldn't play but switching back and forth on the CD's fixed it after awhile. Hope to get my DD soon!

Is it easy to get my CD's out of the deck or do I have to tear the thing apart?

Old 01-26-2010, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by kei
Is it easy to get my CD's out of the deck or do I have to tear the thing apart?
I'm wondering the same thing!

Old 01-26-2010, 05:02 PM
Oh man it happened again today! Only this time it was with a NEW CD I had just bought. Popped it in and it would not play the first song. Just kept skipping and skipping. Had to play around with the radio and skip ahead a few songs before it would play normally. I can't wait until I can afford to swap to the JDM kit.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:09 PM
When mine does it, I eject it & put in my cleaner cd...after running it through a few times, the normal CDs normally work...although once I had to power it down completely & try again.