Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

New System for 06 sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New System for 06 sedan

Hey I have looked through like all the posts here and I am trying to get the best stereo for my money. I don't have all the money yet but i'm feeling a system that would cost like 1600 or so, maybe 2000 tops. Right now I'm thinking
2 10" Diamond Audio D9
2 sets of Boston Acoustics SR60
Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD DD
Not sure about the tweeters
and do not know about what amps to use.

Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated, and remember if i can save some money i want to :]

Old 02-15-2010, 04:59 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
Just get a decent set of components for the front, and they'll come with tweeters.
BA makes some good ones that fit the front.

While that's an ok head unit, I can't see spending more money on the dash kit than the stereo. I'd save a bit longer and get better parts in stages.

Get a very good head unit first (Pioneer X920BT looks like a really good deal when it comes out in a month, and the Z110BT is awesome), and while it's out, wire the RCA outs from the head unit (if you're non-Bose) to the trunk, leaving the speaker-level outputs going to the speakers. This way you don't have to remove the head unit again when you install the amp and speakers down the road.

Next stage, do 4-channel amp+4guage wiring+audio wiring from trunk to speakers.

After that, you can do new speakers.

Final stage, if you feel the need for even more bass with the boston acoustics in the doors, you can just get the signal for the subs amp from the pre-amp outputs from whatever 4-channel amp you install for the rest of the car, and put a distribution block in to power the second mono/dual channel amp.

If you do have Bose, I'd do head unit and amp at the same time as stage one. Speakers and wiring at stage 2, and

Old 02-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 127 Likes on 105 Posts
IMO, I feel that the weakest link of the stock Bose system was the craptastic speakers. Are you planning on installing or giving your equipment over to a shop?

If all you did was just get a good-to-great set of front component 6.5"s and paired it with the stock HU and Bose amp (<-- no champ there either), it'll sound vastly superior to the stock Bose system. You'd be surprised at the difference with just replacing the front speakers. A lot of people just roll with front speakers and forget about the rears for a more 'realistic' listening experience (think being at a concert is what I've read and been told). *Note that means the rear speakers in your back doors and not subs

Another biggie that you didn't mention is sound deadening. Good lord what a difference it makes. I'd make this priority #1 if I were you. Levon (Donpisto) is a member on here that was very helpful in explaining this to me. He also had an Accord that was more dead than the retirees that live in my condo complex Wish I could've listened to that. I forget the website/thread tho, so maybe you could PM him for his experience with that.

What are your goals for the system you want? SQ clarity? Boomy bass? If you can figure that one out first with a budget that you're going to stick to, I'd say the next step after that is to research like a ****. In real life if you can (so your ears are the judge and not some spec) and also driver's AV section as well as various online audio boards to get a feel of what people are doing and how they're doing it. This also helps cause then you can see what people are paying for their equipment and you don't feel hosed later

Of course, if you don't want to bother researching it all out, I'm certain a local shop would be happy to take your money and fit it to a system that they think you would want. Saves you alot of time. But if you want to gain some knowledge and have the time to do so, I'd say research. Bing (16psibrick) has some amazing installs on driver that you could glean some ideas off of as well as many other talented (or rich) members here.

For what it's worth, I was in your same shoes and I wish I would've done more thinking and planning before I started installing in my '06 sedan. Would've saved alot of time/money if I did.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:17 AM
Thank you guys so much for your guy's well thought out replies. I appreciate them so much. I'm a 16 year old (seventeen tomorrow) that doesn't have much experience in these areas. My system is a bose system right now, and why i selected that double din is because i really don't need nav because I already have in built in. I want a good strong bassy system but I also don't want it overkill. I think I want speakers in my rear doors because I also have friends that will sit in the back and want my system fully complete. With this info if you can give me any more suggestions or help I would be greatly appreciative.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:27 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
Originally Posted by pnn23
Another biggie that you didn't mention is sound deadening. Good lord what a difference it makes.
I always forget the sound deadening.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Thanks everyone, i will definately keep the sound deadening in mind. I still think i want to do it all at once, i will just save for a little while. And can anybody give me pointers at like what brands for the speakers, amps, subs, and other things thanks :]

Old 02-18-2010, 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by pnn23
IMO, I feel that the weakest link of the stock Bose system was the craptastic speakers. Are you planning on installing or giving your equipment over to a shop?

If all you did was just get a good-to-great set of front component 6.5"s and paired it with the stock HU and Bose amp (<-- no champ there either), it'll sound vastly superior to the stock Bose system. You'd be surprised at the difference with just replacing the front speakers. A lot of people just roll with front speakers and forget about the rears for a more 'realistic' listening experience (think being at a concert is what I've read and been told). *Note that means the rear speakers in your back doors and not subs

Another biggie that you didn't mention is sound deadening. Good lord what a difference it makes. I'd make this priority #1 if I were you. Levon (Donpisto) is a member on here that was very helpful in explaining this to me. He also had an Accord that was more dead than the retirees that live in my condo complex Wish I could've listened to that. I forget the website/thread tho, so maybe you could PM him for his experience with that.

What are your goals for the system you want? SQ clarity? Boomy bass? If you can figure that one out first with a budget that you're going to stick to, I'd say the next step after that is to research like a ****. In real life if you can (so your ears are the judge and not some spec) and also driver's AV section as well as various online audio boards to get a feel of what people are doing and how they're doing it. This also helps cause then you can see what people are paying for their equipment and you don't feel hosed later

Of course, if you don't want to bother researching it all out, I'm certain a local shop would be happy to take your money and fit it to a system that they think you would want. Saves you alot of time. But if you want to gain some knowledge and have the time to do so, I'd say research. Bing (16psibrick) has some amazing installs on driver that you could glean some ideas off of as well as many other talented (or rich) members here.

For what it's worth, I was in your same shoes and I wish I would've done more thinking and planning before I started installing in my '06 sedan. Would've saved alot of time/money if I did.
good advice peter.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:51 AM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
I'm actually selling my entire setup...i could work out a deal...would be less than 1k everything but the components are new. I also have an Audiocontrol LC6 to include (not posted in my FS thread)

Old 02-18-2010, 01:07 AM
Don I'm very interested. What does the setup include? As I said I'm a very young driver who wants a BEAUTIFUL G but as a 17 year old I'm short of cash

Old 02-18-2010, 01:26 AM
No prob..here's a direct link...easier to post it than to retype, hehe

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...bs-wiring.html

Old 02-18-2010, 01:38 AM
Don that system sounds and looks sweet however I was thinking two 10"s for subs in my spare well but put me down for considering it. Cuz I definately am

Old 02-18-2010, 01:57 AM
No prob..if you ever need advice, lemme know...i always have buddies sellin stuff. There's always other routes to go besides the mainstream brands (only reason I stuck with that particular JL was the specs it required). For 10's, 12's, etc or if I coulda used more power, more room, I woulda chose somethin else.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:51 AM
Ya thanks dude. I really think 2 10" subs because I want to put them in the spare well. Donpisto I'm intersted in your 1100 watt amp if you wanted to part it out

Old 02-19-2010, 12:54 AM
Yeah, I'm definitely willing to part out

Old 02-19-2010, 01:18 AM
Don where are you located? Will this amp be able to push 2 10s easily? That's what I'm looking for in that amp. I would like the other amp but I want it four way to run speakers in each on of my doors

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New System for 06 sedan