Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

donpisto's G35 Sedan Build Log

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Lol...still working on it. Waiting for deadener to come in, should be here next week hopefully.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by donpisto
lol...still working on it. Waiting for deadener to come in, should be here next week hopefully.
:jamin:

Old 03-04-2010, 04:39 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by donpisto
Which Zaino do I get? Is there certain ones? I think 9 and 10 or 10 and 11 IIRC.

Thanks Mark... Yeah Danny, but I won't even be using it all....probably only 400-500w. I think down the line I'm gonna do 2 18's, but I measured and if I can do 2 18's, then I can fit 3 15's....more cone area with that so it'll be more intense.
Its Z9 and Z10. Get both. Then just follow the instructions. Your interior will smell so good too.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator
Received 127 Likes on 105 Posts
Bump for Levon to stop being lazy. It's raining....what else should you be doing...

I installed a double-din Clarion HU. I did sell my Zuki amps, though, which I regret now. The PG Xenon's I have now sound nice enough but they're voltage-hungry. Seems like my HU only outputs 2V or less, so I'm buying a line driver to up the voltage to the Xenon's to 6.5V - 8V RMS. If that doesn't work....well I'll be needing new amps. You're an authorized dealer now, eh????

I see you bought the AudioControl LC6. Nice stuff. You're not going to have much trunk space left after those 18"s get in there, even if they are IB.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Nice system. Lot of power

Old 03-08-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by pnn23
Bump for Levon to stop being lazy. It's raining....what else should you be doing...

I installed a double-din Clarion HU. I did sell my Zuki amps, though, which I regret now. The PG Xenon's I have now sound nice enough but they're voltage-hungry. Seems like my HU only outputs 2V or less, so I'm buying a line driver to up the voltage to the Xenon's to 6.5V - 8V RMS. If that doesn't work....well I'll be needing new amps. You're an authorized dealer now, eh????

I see you bought the AudioControl LC6. Nice stuff. You're not going to have much trunk space left after those 18"s get in there, even if they are IB.
Yep, sell some car parts on the side as well

I'm not too worried about trunk space, it will also be good for me to actually keep my trunk clean. I have plenty of ideas going on for it, like bamboo or some other light colored hardwood for my trunk floor.

I was actually at the dub show this weekend, should have gone even though my front bumper wasn't painted, I think I would have placed. I had 3 people ask me where my car was cos they wanted to see the stripper pole again lol. All different people all met only once or twice.

I'm still trying to figure out how to wire the LC6 or any line driver. Tutorials here so before the BOSE amp in the trunk while Bing says at the head unit. I'm probably going to go Bing's way just because he's done so many installs on the VQ, but I'm still clueless on how to wire it up. First time ever OEM integration and passive setup.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:30 AM
Updates: Installed deadener on roof.

Copy and pasting from my build log on an audio forum. Started on Thursday, continued and finished on Friday.

Started deadening the roof today. My gosh it was a pain in the rear. I got the headliner off without much trouble, but getting it out of the car was another story. Didn't get it out till I stopped doing some work and a friend came over and helped me out. Thanks Robby

Anyway, majority of the roof is done. Just need to finish up the driver side in the rear and do the front a little. Hopefully I'll have enough for my trunk, but I don't think I'll have anything left for my doors. Using a shop pack already. BTW, I'm using two layers and I'll be finishing this up tomorrow.

Here's some before and in progress videos of the difference.

Before:

In Progress:

I have plans for the headliner, might do them black, but then my pillars won't match. Not doing suede, I don't like it. But I do have some neat ideas. Some may say it's tacky but I think it'll fit the look of my car quite well. I'll be putting fiber optic lights like you would see on the roof a limousine.

Roof is completed with 2 layers. Here are some pics...

Also a vid:

Old 04-12-2010, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator
Received 127 Likes on 105 Posts
Look who's back.

That headliner deadening looks like a pain in the ****. Did you have any sunroof rattling, or is this the beginning of your Accord, round 2?

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mEqDKq_GkJE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mEqDKq_GkJE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Old 04-12-2010, 10:31 AM
^^^ Lol.

It was a pain in the **** since I had very little room to work with since I couldn't figure out how to get the headliner out till I was completed with most of the work. After a buddy of mine helped me get it out, it wasn't too bad, just time consuming. Working upside down in a sense required more force to roll the deadener but all good.

I'm debating whether or not to install some more on the top of the trunk lid. I think I'll opt out and spray in some expanding foam. Probably pull out the rear seats and see where to deaden underneath and behind rear seats....also re-route the wires so it looks a lil cleaner. Hopefully Wednesday I'll get around to it. If not, then Friday I will.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
Good job, did you do the whole car yet?

Old 04-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by 04G35NYC
Good job, did you do the whole car yet?
Na, I've only done my trunk lid and the roof. I'll be doing the rear deck, trunk walls and floor, all the pillars (have half of the B pillars done), the floor, the hood and the fender wells. I'd love to do the firewall, but I'd have to pull the motor out for that one, not worth it really.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Forgot to answer your question Peter. No, I didn't have any sunroof rattle, just figured I'd take this task on as I know with the audio setup I'll have plenty of roof flex and the sunroof will not help at all. Never did the headliner in my Accord. I had done everything but the floor, headliner, and all of the firewall (did whatever I had easy access to).

Old 04-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep it the good work man. It's going to be great!

Old 04-13-2010, 10:57 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Looks good, Levon.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Started deadening my doors and I will do it as follows:

Inner part of door: 1 layer Damplifier Pro, 1 layer Overkill Pro
Inner black metal sheet: Same as above
Outer black metal sheet: 1 layer Damplifier Pro, 1 layer Luxury Liner Pro
Outer part of door: Same as above

Some areas are tough to get to so I'm using rubber undercoating (what you spray on the truck beds, and Spectrum.

Untouched door:

Black metal sheet removed and cleaned:

Starting the deadener install:

It wasn't till later that I realized I could remove the two bars to make it easier:

Rubber undercoating sprayed:

What I have done so far:

And now back to work.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: donpisto's G35 Sedan Build Log