Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

How many Line out put convetors for factory amp?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many Line out put convetors for factory amp?

ok so im adding a aftermarket amp to my Stock bose head unit.

I read the sticky and i understand it. Except when adding the L.O.C it comes with 4 wires. (L+,L-) (R+,R-)... Does this tap into the rear speakers or front speakers?

Or do i need 2 Line out put convertors? (One for the front and one for the rear)?

Also do i tap it directly to the speakers? Or the speaker wires in the harness, that goes to the factory amp?

Old 03-04-2010, 03:24 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
It depends.

You're adding an aftermarket amp, but you never said if it's going to drive a sub, two subs or four aftermarket speakers. That changes whether you're going to use one LOC or two.

Give a more complete description of what your desired endstate is and you'll get more answers.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
It depends.

You're adding an aftermarket amp, but you never said if it's going to drive a sub, two subs or four aftermarket speakers. That changes whether you're going to use one LOC or two.

Give a more complete description of what your desired endstate is and you'll get more answers.

Okay right now i have a Sub hooked up in my car with a LOC tapped into my harness that goes into my factory bose amp.

Im adding a Amplifier to push all my interior speakers because my factory amp blew.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:45 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
Okay, then you just need either an amp that can accept the balanced signal from the Bose headunit, or something to convert the balanced signal for your amp. See this thread for more info:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...m-regular.html

Since there's no amplified signal to convert, the LOC isn't doing anything - the output from the factory Bose headunit is a line-output already. Just use the four channels of unamplified signal wires that were going into the Bose amp.