Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

wtf pos infiniti electronics....or what? my fault?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 05:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wtf pos infiniti electronics....or what? my fault?

well my passenger window on my G35 went out..... it got fixed and i got a free car wash whatever..... My left door speaker went out.... whatever.... now before i was able to get the speaker replaced (had to order it) my rear left speaker went out.... wtf... I know that on the infiniti website it says that bose is an 8-speaker system.... well i was kinda curious if i have more speakers out on my left side because i have NO (zero zip NONE) sound on the left side of my g coupe.... where are the other 4 speakers that i dont know about. if i fade out my sound to the left side i get silence. im not sure if any have gone out on the right side or not since it sounds so horrible anyways. wtf is up with all this stuff going wrong. I think i talked my dad into getting me the avn2454 for xmas this winter, but i dont really wanna change audio compenents or anything like that and risk having infiniti not replacing my stock speakers and stuff.....

wtf is up with this is it my fault for listening to music too loud? i usually have my stereo at about 14 volume with windows up and around 20-22 with windows down. I listen to pretty bass-y music too i guess with my bass at 5.... should i stop this? is it just beating up the speakers too bad? they not built for this? How can i get my stereo so i can listen to music that loud if i sholdnt be doing it currently? I have really bad hearing lol so i like my music pretty loud. (im used to wearing headphones and dont think its that loud at all)

2004 Black on Black g coupe 6spd.... aluminum pedals, clear corners, z tube, and pop charger. soon to have 19" volk gt-c's and PIAA xtreme whites in the clearance and corners
Houston Texas

Old 09-15-2004, 10:44 PM
G35driver.com Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: wtf pos infiniti electronics....or what? my fault?

This is the first that i've heard of this... i guess the only thing you can do now is take it back to the dealer and get it fixed for free... perhaps request a free loaner car

as far as your music listening goes, it seems normal to me, 14/22 volume is not that bad, doesnt the thing go up to 47 or something?

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c-6MT-DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust/350Z-intake/AVIC-N1-double-din

Old 09-16-2004, 12:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol i have no idea how loud it goes.... ive had it up to 25 before it hink but thats the most..... the biggest problem is its getting to be a pain and im not 18.... so i cant get a loaner car. this car is ending up taking like an hour out of my week every week just hanging around infiniti and waiting around for them to fix it. i know these arent big problems and i love the car.... but its just such a hassel since im a student and stuff..... we own 3 infiniti's that we have bought in the last 6 montsh.... so they treat me real good when i go in and everything and serice couldnt be better.... but u guys understand im sure

2004 Black on Black g coupe 6spd.... aluminum pedals, clear corners, z tube, and pop charger. soon to have 19" volk gt-c's and PIAA xtreme whites in the clearance and corners
Houston Texas

Old 09-16-2004, 02:06 AM

acctually im experiancing the same problem my left side went out to and i barely listen to the radio! hmmmm wierd ah well im gonna go bitch at infiniti

Black/Black 04, 5AT, Premium, Navi, Aero,Nismo CAI, 8000k hids in foglights

Old 09-16-2004, 01:52 PM

I have had a similar problem for the past 4 months.

Somtimes, all 4 speakers on the left side of my vehicle would play muffled sound, or no sound at all. This condition was unstable. Upon hard acceleration, left side sound would vanish. Upon hard breaking, left side sound would return.

I diagnosed this problem myself. The problem is not that any of my speakers broke. I actually took apart the doors and tested the factory speakers and even exchanged teh line iwth aftermarked speakers to test this. Rather it is a faulty head unit. Furthermore, it is only affecting CD audio, not music played through the radio, again pointing to a problematic headunit.

I don't have the time to take it to the dealer anytime soon, but as a workaround, I either brake the vehicle hard when I'm driving, or smack the left side of the headunit hard with my palm if i am parked. 99% of the time, all my sound returns when I do one of the above.

Quality BOSE headunit?
I think not.

Old 09-16-2004, 04:46 PM

went to dealer today! they said that "yeah where starting to see this problem alot!" he then said "next friday ill have a new radio for you here" lets see what happens!

Black/Black 04, 5AT, Premium, Navi, Aero,Nismo CAI, 8000k hids in foglights

Old 09-17-2004, 01:08 PM

In reply to turning your music up too loud... I believe that is BULL. You should be able to bump the music as much as you want. The car isn't that old at all. I've bumped VERY bassy music in the Lexus GS430 Mark Levingston premium audio.. and let me tell you. It rocks. The Lexus premium sound quality is so awesome for OEM.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 09-19-2004, 12:38 AM

i just started getting this problem too.....And it only happens with CD's.....smacking the side of the console didn't do anything, But i did find out that ejecting a cd while it's playing....and re-inserting it.....brings back the sound in the left speakers.

Old 09-19-2004, 11:44 PM

yep its the stock radio.... got mine replaced and everything works fine fow now i guess