Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

PAC-NIS2 not compatible with iOS4 confirm?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 11:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAC-NIS2 not compatible with iOS4 confirm?

Was breezing through PAC's online manuals (to figure out exactly what the dip switches were for) and read that the iPhones and iPod Touches are not supported with iOS4. Can anyone confirm this? I haven't updated my phone yet, hopefully it's a non-issue. I am assuming that would go for the iPhone 4 since it runs that OS, confirms on that as well?

PAC Compatibility for NIS2

Old 06-28-2010, 08:24 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Ive read that some "made for ipod/iphone" docks are having issues with i0s4

but its apple and they want to rule the world, so everyone will have to upgrade to meet their standards.

I havent upgraded to ios4 yet so I dont know if all of this is true

Old 06-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by blazeplacid
Ive read that some "made for ipod/iphone" docks are having issues with i0s4
Docks too? Man that sucks, I am no fanboy, the iPhone for me is just a decent all-in-one package with a decent interface, but if they screw up the interface to my car where I get my music then I will take my upgrade eligibility to another brand. So f'n annoying with them sometimes I swear.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
the reason why most docks say made for iphone/ipod touch, is because the newer ipods (2nd gen and newer itouch, 4th gen and newer nano) and the newer iphones (3g and newer) charge differently than the older models. The PAC adapter may say it doesnt work with them simply because it cant charge them as-is. Apple's fault and I feel your pain and annoyance with them (one reason I like android better). There is a charging adapter which I have used on my alpine radio to charge a second gen ipod touch. If you were using an old audio adapter and an iphone 3g/3gs this is what you would want. http://www.scosche.com/products/productID/1667 But you aren't, this is a new case of apple issues

But for your case, I don't know if the iOS4 will affect this in anyway but PAC says it does and they know their stuff. It is apple and there are reports of this screwing up older accessories. For instances like this there will always be some adapter you can buy. In your case, PAC has the upgrade adapter for $30. It sucks but you will have to do it.

Oh and as for the iphone 4, its new hardware so all bets are off there.

Last edited by UCIMAplaya2; 06-28-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:55 PM
^ Good points. The annoyance lies in that the update is not a hardware change, just a software rev change. If they are disabling things like the ability to charge and play music for profit, and doing so to force the users to conform with a $ attached, then Apple has the most awesome business model or we iPod/iPhone users are just a bunch of suckers. "Oh you spent $200-$600 on a new iPod/iPhone and have all your nice stuff that works with it, well we will just release an update that makes all those accessories obsolete in hopes you buy the upgraded replacements from us, increasing our profits, I mean you are already $200-$600 in, might as well keep going, gotta have your tunes right? Oh, and in case you were thinking of not updating, yea, we will go ahead and not let you use your device on iTunes." Sorry Apple, I may work for a company that solely supplies your FLASH chips, but I am taking my business elsewhere. /rant

Old 06-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
I upgraded and it doesn't work with the PAC. Damn!

Old 06-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by Jairen
I upgraded and it doesn't work with the PAC. Damn!

Noooo!!!!!!

Old 06-29-2010, 12:34 AM
Yeah sadly that is how apple operates. It sucks and more people should take their business elsewhere when they do stuff like this. I sure have

Old 06-29-2010, 01:06 AM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
Just confirmed!

It does work! Whoohoo!

Old 06-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Jairen
Just confirmed!

It does work! Whoohoo!
It does it doesn't I don't know what to believe *mouse hovering over "Update" button*

Old 06-29-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by Hurt_Locker
It does it doesn't I don't know what to believe *mouse hovering over "Update" button*
Why not just update it? If it doesn't work afterwards you can get the upgrade kit from PAC its only $30. And then just for fun send the bill to apple and see what they say

Old 06-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by UCIMAplaya2
Why not just update it? If it doesn't work afterwards you can get the upgrade kit from PAC its only $30. And then just for fun send the bill to apple and see what they say
That's a good idea, but what I think I will do is, I am due for upgrade so I can get a iPhone 4 and use the 3G as my stay in car music box and jail break it if the update screws it up.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
ok so will my brand new 4th gen ipod nano work with the pac unit? can someone give me a link or part number that i need to order to make it work?

Old 07-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't even know this thread existed... Mine works perfectly fine!

Old 07-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by kennymo
ok so will my brand new 4th gen ipod nano work with the pac unit? can someone give me a link or part number that i need to order to make it work?
you shouldn't have to worry about it. I don't think this will affect the nanos at all as they don't run the iphone/itouch OS

Originally Posted by jrhykushi
I didn't even know this thread existed... Mine works perfectly fine!
what PAC unit are you using, what iphone/ipod are you using and are you updated to iOS4?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PAC-NIS2 not compatible with iOS4 confirm?