Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

No Sound After Avic Z110bt installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No Sound After Avic Z110bt installation

ok .. for all you audio heads out there.. i need some major help... i installed my navi over the weekend.. and i ran into a few problems..

1. Can someone please tell me where do you connect the green parking brake wire.

2. Can someone please tell me where to connect the pink speed signal wire as well.

Now for the issue and the attempting results.

The navi was installed to where everything works... just that i have absolutly no sound... gps works everything.. just no sound period from the speakers... now i did the bypass so you can watch movies while driving.. and im thinking that might be the reason for the sound issue.. if ne one is familiar please.. help. thank you.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
1) Ground it for the bypass.
2) Connects to the VSS wire - White w/green stripe, it's on the same harness that the steering wheel button wires come in on.

Sounds like you may have screwed up the bypass and grounded the mute wire without moving it. Make sure that you've moved it one spot over and tied it with parking brake, and then grounded both of them.

If that's not the problem:
Did you have bose or no bose beforehand?
What wiring harness did you use?
If Bose and 70-7551 harness, ensure it's wired like this:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...snt-quiet.html

Old 07-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
1) Ground it for the bypass.
2) Connects to the VSS wire - White w/green stripe, it's on the same harness that the steering wheel button wires come in on.

Sounds like you may have screwed up the bypass and grounded the mute wire without moving it. Make sure that you've moved it one spot over and tied it with parking brake, and then grounded both of them.

If that's not the problem:
Did you have bose or no bose beforehand?
What wiring harness did you use?
If Bose and 70-7551 harness, ensure it's wired like this:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...snt-quiet.html
No.. i bought the other harness 70-7550.. and yes i have the bose systme.. could that be the reason why im not getting ne sound?

and yes i moved the mute over one spot.. but i tied the mute (yellow and black) and the green parking cable together with the black wire and grounded them into the ground provided with the other harness ( black and white cable)... and i am replacing my factory amp... (also when do this .. should i remove the stock amp in the trunk?)

please helppp.. would love to get this working.. what should i do ..

Last edited by Buddi; 07-06-2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: change
Old 07-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

If you're replacing the amp anyway, don't worry about the no-sound thing right now, since you'll run your own RCAs to the trunk anyway.

It sounds like your bypass is fine.

Removing the stock amp gives you more room for the other wires, so yes.

If you're not doing the amp in the next day or so, post up a pic of how you wired your 70-7550 to the Z10BT's harness, because even if you wired the high-level outputs to the Bose amp, you should get some sound.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:50 PM
i dint ground the mute, parking and black wire to the car it self.. could that be the issue.. please respond asap.. would like to tackle this tonight so i can report back tamar..

Old 07-06-2010, 02:59 PM
If you're replacing the amp anyway, don't worry about the no-sound thing right now, since you'll run your own RCAs to the trunk anyway.

It sounds like your bypass is fine.

Removing the stock amp gives you more room for the other wires, so yes.

If you're not doing the amp in the next day or so, post up a pic of how you wired your 70-7550 to the Z10BT's harness, because even if you wired the high-level outputs to the Bose amp, you should get some sound.
keep in mind.. nothing is grounded to the car it self.. could that be the issue... i connected all the wires according the color.. move the mute over one.. tied that to the green parking wire.. tied those two to the black ground.. and tied those 3 into with the amplifier ground.. i think i messed up somewhere there.. what u think?

Old 07-06-2010, 03:02 PM
another thing.. where do i find the steering wheel harness to connect that pink wire for the speed ....

**lets say i needed to extend a wire.. is it possible to use some of the green parking break wire to extend the black wire so it can be grounded to the car?

Last edited by Buddi; 07-06-2010 at 03:08 PM. Reason: change
Old 07-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Okay, here's some of your issues:
Yes, the parking brake, bypass mute wire, ground from the Z110BT's harness and ground from the Metra harness, and the AMP GROUND all need to be grounded to the vehicle body. The metal frame around the radio is a good place to ground to the vehicle body.

I am not sure if the 70-7550 harness even has a wire for the AMP GROUND, if it doesn't you've got to find which wire it is using a wiring diagram and ground it.

You can use any wire you want to extend - wire's wire. Just don't get confused.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Okay, here's some of your issues:
Yes, the parking brake, bypass mute wire, ground from the Z110BT's harness and ground from the Metra harness, and the AMP GROUND all need to be grounded to the vehicle body. The metal frame around the radio is a good place to ground to the vehicle body.

I am not sure if the 70-7550 harness even has a wire for the AMP GROUND, if it doesn't you've got to find which wire it is using a wiring diagram and ground it.

You can use any wire you want to extend - wire's wire. Just don't get confused.
HAHAHA.. i got it fixed.. the blue and white cable was not cennected under the electric tape i had.. the wires were broken.. i have sound now.. and the bypass still works.. but i have a lil distortion in my speakers while playing the radio stations.. the ipod is fine.. ne thing that can solve this matter.. either way im just happy to have some sound..