Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

4080 Sub Enclosures will no longer be sold by "4080 Enclosures"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 03:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
I installed a pair of the ones subthump.com makes for the firebird for a co-worker a few years ago, not as good as the 4080 enclosure.
Certain reasonings?

Old 10-11-2010, 03:59 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
There was nothign wrong with the build quality or anything, just wasn't as good as the fiberglass 4080 enclosures.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I remember buying a loaded MTX Thunderform years back for another car. I believe I paid around $300 and that included the sub. Unfortunately they don't make one for the G35 but that is why I thought the 4080 price was high.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
4080 Boxes are pretty solid. Good quality and great fitment. Im running one on each side of my trunk in my coupe, and got plenty of space left. Got them for a steal in the marketplace a while back.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
okay guys, there are usually two sides to the same story...

but i can tell you for sure that no one went off the deep end here...no one has had any type of melt down.

the boxes will continued to be produced by the same person who has designed and built all the previous boxes, and will be available again under a different brand name (actually he sells boxes for other cars under the name already)

once the new site comes up, i will post a link for you guys to buy them from. the builder will likely come on here himself for you.

i did a review of their boxes (lexus IS version) and really i do think its THE best built vehicle specific sub enclosure i have EVER experienced.

b

Old 10-15-2010, 11:01 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^I figured as such. If the person who made the boxes decided to leave, theres no reason he wouldnt continue to make them later on.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:08 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Well, minus the idiot at the front desk of my apartment complex, I had an excellent experience with 4080 purchasing the enclosure.

I just hope that the new business is as quick with getting out quality products as the old one was.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:28 AM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Originally Posted by 16psibrick
okay guys, there are usually two sides to the same story...

but i can tell you for sure that no one went off the deep end here...no one has had any type of melt down.

the boxes will continued to be produced by the same person who has designed and built all the previous boxes, and will be available again under a different brand name (actually he sells boxes for other cars under the name already)

once the new site comes up, i will post a link for you guys to buy them from. the builder will likely come on here himself for you.

i did a review of their boxes (lexus IS version) and really i do think its THE best built vehicle specific sub enclosure i have EVER experienced.

b
Cool good to hear. I'm glad these will still be available to our community. Do you know they guy, is that how you came across this info?

Old 10-16-2010, 06:36 PM
i am personal friends with him. a great guy, very down to earth. Again, whenever a business relationship goes south, there are always going to be two sides to each story.

but i just wanted to clarify a few things as a few of my customers also read this and was asking about it.

i spoke with him regularly, once every few months or so just to chit chat, one of the really good installers around and someone i look up to.

i have been telling people for years after first sampling one of his boxes years ago...in that i cant build a better box myself regardless of how much people paid me. this is the one box that i continue to use time and again in my installs despite it meaning less profit than building one from scratch on my own.

b

Old 10-16-2010, 07:24 PM
ill Sedan

Encourage him to make a driver's side enclosure for the Sedan.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:45 PM
he has some new models coming out. but i think he needs to spread his limited resources on a more wide variety of cars models. but i will be sure to mention it to him hehe

Old 10-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Sad news... I have a driver side 4080 in my coupe and love it. Fit great, awesome build quality and it pounds. Got it off eBay a while back with a 10w6v2 in it for around $350 and would definitely buy another if needed for any reason.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, Bing.

My name is Nick Johnson and I should set the record straight. My bio will be on our new website, but in summary: I started as a DIY installer on my dad’s farm truck when I was 13 and became the “go to DIY guy” in town for my buddies. I joined the Iowa Army National Guard in 1993, went to college and followed my passion by taking a part time job in car audio sales that led to an installation position. With my Enlisted Time Served in the IANG, I took an honorable discharge in 1999 and moved to Houston to get into the custom side of installation and the rest is history with awards along the way and my focus always being pushing my limits, striving for perfection, and putting great sound on the street.

My company, Science of Sound, was started in 2003 and the enclosure side of the business is known as BOXOLOGY. The designs of all enclosures are the intellectual property of my own company. They are all of my own creation and labor along with the molds, jigs, templates, tools, all the way down to the dust on the floors of the buildings that I also own hehe. The money to start the design and production was from my own life savings and earnings as the business progressed.

I haven’t left town, gone cuckoo for cocoa puffs, and definitely have not stopped production (quite the opposite, actually). My decision to part ways with the marketing company mentioned (4080) was based on what is in the best interest of my company due to a meeting that left me uneasy followed the very next day with an odd order that I liken to asking a cop for his gun. I assure you all that this decision will ultimately be the best for the end user. We have many new things to come (including a G37 Sedan enclosure ) and it all starts with our updated website that will be up and running shortly.

If anyone has any emails in reference to me in a negative manner, please feel free to forward them to my email at mysosinc@gmail.com

CandlestickPark, send me a copy of your invoice to mysosinc@gmail.com and I will get a grill out to you at no charge. The sedan 12 enclosure is 1.05 cu ft. net minus driver displacement of .071 cu ft. bringing the actual airspace, after driver displacement, to .979 cu ft. Sorry, I don’t plan on making a matching driver’s side enclosure for the sedan.

Thank you to all that are enjoying our product in your G’s and for all of the compliments on the design over the years. We plan on becoming a vendor on this forum when our site is finished and are looking forward to getting involved with the community here. Hopefully this will end all questions or concerns about what is coming in the future.

Thanks for your time (looong post!), guys (and gals?)! Bing, I guess we will just have to look up to each other, then… great installations as usual, B!

Old 10-22-2010, 11:47 AM
ill Sedan

^Nick, thank you very much for posting here and clearing things up. I'm glad that everything is OK with you and that you are continuing to further your business.

I just sent you an email with my invoice from 4080 so you can send me a grill, really appreciate that.

No worries on the driver's side enclosure, I figured I'd ask. I'll have to get something custom done in the future.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:01 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Well, there goes my plan on selling my current box at 400% markup.

j/k

Glad that there will be one available to drop in my wife's if she ever wants something similar to what I built in mine using your enclosure.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 4080 Sub Enclosures will no longer be sold by "4080 Enclosures"