Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Factory Subs No Sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2010 | 08:28 PM
|
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
If you're looking for a headunit, the X920BT is due to be offered with a good rebate soon, as they typically offer a rebate equal to or greater than the price of the map updates during their yearly update cycle. I think it's available with a $100 rebate now, and it may not hit $200 at all, since it's considered the lesser of their two top-tier units.

The rest of the parts never really go on seasonal sales. B&M stores will put some equipment on sale, but it won't be as cheap as online retailers. Best is to spend a few months picking up parts from various sources as they try and make room in their inventory for other stuff.

Have a short list of 2-3 options for sub, amp, speakers and headunits and whenever one goes into a must-have price range, pick it up.

Thanks for the input man...I looked up the head unit you recommended, and its wayyyyy out my price range, but it is absolutely awesome…I have to do a little more research on head units to see what type of quality I can get for the best price. A head unit with a navigational system would be awesome but its something that I can do without.....still haven’t found any fronts that would not require modifications…Being that I am “green” to audio plug and play would be my best option. Would you happen to know of any other retailers or online stores that may have the dual climate control available? I know if I drop a couple of bills on it, it will force me to get the ball rolling…Once again thanks for all the information you guys are a great help.

Old 10-29-2010 | 02:31 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Premier Member
$650 is out of your price range by a lot? Try the 3200BT, bluetooth, dvd... everything but voice recognition and navigation really.
sonicelectronix.com has the best price I've seen on Pioneer headunits lately.

What do you mean fronts that would not require modifications?

Old 10-29-2010 | 11:46 AM
|
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
$650 is out of your price range by a lot? Try the 3200BT, bluetooth, dvd... everything but voice recognition and navigation really.
sonicelectronix.com has the best price I've seen on Pioneer headunits lately.

What do you mean fronts that would not require modifications?

Yeah, 650 beans is a lot for me right now…too many projects…plus I try to search before going out and purchasing the first nice thing I see…saving 20 bucks here 30 bucks there allows me to keep finances for other projects besides car audio.

In regards to your question about my comment on fronts that require no modifications…I’ve been noticing component sets that need spacers and maybe cutting the housing for the tweeters. I am looking for a decent set of components that will drop right in the factory slots. No cutting no reaming just take out and replace