Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FINALLY Installed X920BT!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FINALLY Installed X920BT!!!

So with Wrathernaut's guide and his 24 hour chat support (LOL), I finally managed to get this installed and working.

I didn't do anything fancy with the install, all that was replaced was the headunit. All is well with the unit itself and I haven't had any problems with it working at all. However, I do have a couple of issues with other things. First off, I programmed the SWI-PS and only the VR button works all the time. The track up/down button works, but only when the radio is selected. I'm also having a problem with the VR feature and mic. The unit isn't picking up commands, either because of it's own fault or the mic. It is plugged into the back of the headunit. Hopefully it is just a software issue, as I don't have the latest firmware update installed yet.

Last thing is I was hoping to create a dock for my wife's iphone but seeing as she uses the cupholder quite a bit that only leaves me with being able to use the cubby. Anybody have any pictures of custom docks, other than the expensive ones that go in the ashtray?

As for the pictures below, I was looking locally for the scoche universal double din trim ring but I couldn't find it at all. I did find the trim ring that you see pictured and it fits perfectly around the edges of the unit. I don't know who makes it but it only required that I cut off some small tabs from the back. I had to mount it to the dash kit with double sided tape. I'm really pleased with how it looks, which in my opinion is almost factory. The unit sticks out about 1/8 of an inch, which is very minimal but I know it helped to get all the wiring in.

Down the road I plan on installing 2 screens in the headrests and installing a backup camera.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Glad it turned out well.

The reason the up/down buttons only work in radio, is probably because you set them to preset up/down. Preset up/down does nothing in any other source. Seek up/down is the better option, so you can control tracks on USB/iPod/SD.

There's a bug in the voice control (fixed in the latest patch you can get from Pioneer's website) where the voice recognition does not work until you have "OK'd" the map warning screen. If you wait too long after boot to do this, the voice recognition won't work until you restart the unit. Leaving the unit in map mode lets you OK the nag screen soon after starting the car, and lets the voice recognition system initialize properly.

If you're leaving the iPod in there pretty much permanently, I recommend wiring to the glove box, as you can lock the glove box. For easy access by the driver, the center console's a good option.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
nice work dude!

Old 03-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks I'll change the programming to seek up/down. What I don't get is that the volume up/down doesn't work. I'll try reprogramming that again this weekend but I saw the light blink so I would think that it would have programmed correctly.

I'm thinking I'll just buy an older ipod to be able to play music and watch movies from and put it in the center console as you suggested.

I knew about the annoying map "OK" issue and I've done that before trying to use the VR or bluetooth when on calls. Maybe the update will help with this as well.

Thanks again.