Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Newbie question - Installing an inverter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie question - Installing an inverter

I've tried searching and only gotten three kinds of hits - threads that assume a high level of practical knowledge, threads that discuss what is running off the inverter, and threads that have nothing to do with it

I've got a 2005 5AT coupe and Im going to be pulling my head unit out next weekend to install a PA15-NIS. While Im in there I wanted to install an inverter so I could have power available with the ignition off to charge cellular/laptop if needed.

I guess i'm primarilly wondering where to fit the body of the inverter (its 8.5 by 2 by 3 inches). Ive read there is a lot of space under the HU, behind the ashtray and I'm hoping someone can give me a best guess on if this is going to fit and/or have enough airflow.

If it does i'm going to run a USB line out from there past the shifter into the armrest console, and hopefully run a 120VAC cable into the top glove box so I can charge a laptop if needed.

Also, where is a good place to hide a circuit breaker? Should I try and put it in the engine bay, or sneak it somewhere in the cabin?

Old 05-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
i think u should but the inverter where you can easily access it.

put it in the trunk of your car.