Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sirius display

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sirius display

Hello i just purchased my coupe last week and the only thing i miss from my other car is not having Sirius. I have explored several avenues and i think i will go with the direct link. Can someone tell me what type of disply iw ill get on my factory head unit. Will i see song artist will it scroll how many presets ect... any help is appreciated.
thanks

2003 g35 coupe laser red sport, areo

Old 11-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Re: sirius display

You will have SAT1 and SAT2 for presets, so 12 in total. There are two things I don't like about the Sirius display using the stock headunit.
1 - The title and artist don't scroll automatically. You need to hit the display button to see everything.
2 - When you're scrolling through the channels, it just shows you a channel number, not actually the name of the channel you're looking at. You have to wait for the channel information to load, and even then it does not tell you the name of the station you're on.

If I'm not mistaken, most other automakers and headunits incorporate both of those features into their stock hu's. Other than those two things, I think the benefit of having sirius integrated with the stock hu is a plus. Hope this helps.

2004 G35X
Diamond Graphite • Premium Package • Navigation

Old 12-12-2004, 12:07 PM
Re: Sirius diplay

I have XM in my '04 coupe and have not been able to see ANYTHING on my display for XM... but it does scroll the station/artist/song title for FM!!

A couple days ago, I was in a 4 door rental and it had Sirius, which did display the artist and I believe also the station name. I'll be checking for the display button when I get in my car next.

Old 12-12-2004, 02:22 PM
re: sirius display

OK, just found my "display" button. Actually, it was the RTY button, with "display" written in white on the titanium next to the button. I never knew it existed b/c you can't see it in most light, and I have 20/20.

I played w/ the button and if you hold it down, it changes the display setting. Instead of showing the channel, it can show the artist or title, but it doesn't scroll.

Thanks Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys for not telling me about that when I bought it.