Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

opinions or thoughts on a brand of speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 02:59 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
That's good news, we've had a brutal summer here and I fear it's not going to get better any time soon.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You may consider this, as I am intending to get Alpine Type R system package, consisting of:
- 1x 5channel amp
- 2x 6.5inch components
- 2x 6.5inch coaxials
- 1x 10/12inch sub

Old 10-25-2011, 12:08 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 81gSKy
You may consider this, as I am intending to get Alpine Type R system package, consisting of:
- 1x 5channel amp
- 2x 6.5inch components
- 2x 6.5inch coaxials
- 1x 10/12inch sub
Sounds good
Lmk how that goes and lmk how that system sounds?

Old 10-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kidgotheat
Sounds good
Lmk how that goes and lmk how that system sounds?
I don't know yet, but I am intending to get those and install it within the month or two. I couldn't find anything else better for value unless someone can prove me wrong, the whole package is $1399...

Old 10-29-2011, 04:57 PM

Well I'm almost done purchasing my components. So far I have bought:

MB QT PWE 304 12" sub
JVC KW-NT3HDT
JL Audio Slash 300/4
JL 500/1 (got an insane deal from a friend on the amps, was ready to pull the trigger on a Zapco amp)
Various assorted connectors, back up camera, and stuff.

Coming in the next couple of weeks:
Hybrid Audio Clarus C61-2 front components
JDM DD Dual A/C faceplate
Custom made side pocket box for the sub

I'm hoping to have everything installed by the end of November, life's crazy ATM but it should all fit together well.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:07 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Sounds like a fun weekend project to me, if you can get to Savannah, I'd love to give you a hand... I'm hoping to have my car back by this weekend. I miss my audio system. Hydrolock ftmfl.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:50 PM

Thanks W, I wish I were local to you. Fortunately I've got a friend that has offered to put it all in, he's a whiz with installs. Are you still offering to mod the JDM kits? If so PM me your address and I'll send it to you when it gets here.

What's the timeline on your car getting fixed? How long have you been w/o it? Makes me sad to see another LS sedan down.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:26 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Thanks W, I wish I were local to you. Fortunately I've got a friend that has offered to put it all in, he's a whiz with installs. Are you still offering to mod the JDM kits? If so PM me your address and I'll send it to you when it gets here.

What's the timeline on your car getting fixed? How long have you been w/o it? Makes me sad to see another LS sedan down.
I wish everybody was local to me. Installs is a fun hobby.

If you already have the JDM kit, I'll mod it for you, if you haven't purchased one, Grubbs Infiniti has the JDM kits for navi-equipped vehicles that don't require modification. Same price, so there's no need to have to trust my hands at it.

Well, Grubbs Infiniti hooked me up with a great price on a brand-new engine, however, a certain distributing company decided that either:
A) Engines are metal, so you can kick drop them on their tops and they'll be fine.
B) Engines bounce.

So, after that debacle, I had to get an engine from a different source, as the manager at Grubbs didn't want to risk shipping another.

So I've been without my car since 25 Sep. Second replacement engine gets here Monday, and about 20 hrs of labor after that I should have my car back.

Just shoot me a PM if you still need a JDM Trim trim, I'll give you the shipping details.

Old 10-29-2011, 08:50 PM

Sometimes I wonder what the big wigs with Infiniti are thinking, for a "luxury" brand we get some sh!tty service.

On the faceplate, I don't have factory nav, is that what you are talking about? If I don't need to ship it off that would be ideal but if I do, I'll be happy to shoot you a PM.

Last edited by Blue Dream; 10-29-2011 at 08:55 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Sometimes I wonder what the big wigs with Infiniti are thinking, for a "luxury" brand we get some sh!tty service.

On the faceplate, I don't have factory nav, is that what you are talking about? If I don't need to ship it off that would be ideal but if I do, I'll be happy to shoot you a PM.
Service from Grubbs was good, they'd had problems shipping engines before, but still tried anyway. They hooked me up with a great price on the engine as well, so the shipping company is the only one that angered me in that whole thing.

If you don't have factory navigation you don't need any trim modified, just get the JDM DDin trim and you'll be fine.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:41 PM

GL with the repairs and thanks for the heads up on the faceplate. Can't wait to get the last few pieces and start the install. Picked up the amps in Houston today so they're at the house safe and sound just teasing me.