Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

opinions or thoughts on a brand of speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
opinions or thoughts on a brand of speakers

I was told by a car audio shop that I should go with beyma car speakers for my 04 G sedan and I've never heard of those speakers but when I toldhim I was going to get boston acoustics he told me to get beyma instead cause there better sound quality and way louder .. Has anyone had any experience with this?? All comments would be appreciated

Old 09-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Beyma makes good pro audio stuff.

They will sound like crap in a bad install and need a lot of processing to sound good. On the flipside, throw some good boston comps in with a nice amount of power and they'll sound awesome.

Ask him what makes beymas "louder". If he doesn't say efficiency, get a new installer.

The following users liked this post:
Wrathernaut (09-12-2011)
Old 09-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by eggyhustles
Beyma makes good pro audio stuff.

They will sound like crap in a bad install and need a lot of processing to sound good. On the flipside, throw some good boston comps in with a nice amount of power and they'll sound awesome.

Ask him what makes beymas "louder". If he doesn't say efficiency, get a new installer.
Oh ya I was doing some research I see a lot of ppl use these speakers as DJ equipment... Have u ever heard these speakers inside of a car? I was thinking at first of throwing some boston pro60se in the front with 2 ten inch subs in the trunk run by 2 sound stream amps as wrathernaut have given me some good advice but when I told my installer bout these speakers he said I I should deffinitly go with beymas any more thoughts on these speakers would be much appreciated ...
So eggy what do u think.. Do you think the beymas will sound really good tho with a good instal and good custom work in the front door panels

Old 09-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Yes, i've personally ran a couple of their midranges and tweets. These arent speakers that you can just drop in and they'll sound good. Pro audio stuff needs a lot of equing to sound good in a car environment.

I'd stick to comps if i were you. Either boston, Jbl, dynaudio, or image dynamics

If you're serious about the pro audio stuff, i'd throw an 8 or even a 10 in the front door and some horns under the dash.

Old 09-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Check out the new alpine type rs they're nice and a good price

Old 09-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Budget for speakers alone?
Amp budget?

Old 09-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Yes, i've personally ran a couple of their midranges and tweets. These arent speakers that you can just drop in and they'll sound good. Pro audio stuff needs a lot of equing to sound good in a car environment.

I'd stick to comps if i were you. Either boston, Jbl, dynaudio, or image dynamics

If you're serious about the pro audio stuff, i'd throw an 8 or even a 10 in the front door and some horns under the dash.
I might get into that pro audio speakers but if I didn't and I just wanted to stick with boston.jbl. Dynaudio or image dynamics .. What speakers would be best for me to get the loudest but best sound quality for me to go with?

Old 09-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by blazeplacid
Budget for speakers alone?
Amp budget?
Hmm my budget for my speakers alone prolly around 400-600
And for amp around 200-400
But looking to get the loudest and best sound quality for the best price I mostly listen to rap, hip hoP .rnb ..reggae and 80 latin freestyle if that helps?

Old 09-12-2011, 06:09 PM
And I also just installed a pioneer 4300 DD so any suggestions would be much appreciated

Old 09-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
in that case feed a pair of massive audio RK6's 250w rms each side and you will love the sound. They have some good reviews except for their tweets which are a bit high for some people. that or HAT or Focal are great speakers. I wish I had that much to spen haha gl.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
+1 on Focal...you get a lot of speaker for your dollar.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:27 PM
if i wanted a super front stage, i'd get dynaudio 340's and a zed audio dreadnought

Old 09-12-2011, 11:02 PM
if i wanted a super front stage, i'd get dynaudio 340's and a zed audio dreadnought
ya that would be a nice front stage but i dont want to put that much money into just my frontstage basically i just want the best bang for the buck...which component speakers are gonna give me the loudest best sound quality and what amp should i power it up with?

and should i file in the rear speakers or just the 2 front and 2 subs

Old 09-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Okai so after reading threw all these threads and seeing so many ppl say not to put any speakers in the rear I would like to know what would you guys recommend if I wanted to build a very strong frontstage system.. Would 2 sets of good component speakers be good? Or like a set or components 6 1/2 and a set of 5 1/2 inch components of front ? Be a good front stage ? If so which 2 sets of components up front would you guys recommend?

Old 09-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Get the massive rk6's

use this for power
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KENWOOD-EXCE...ht_4186wt_1137

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: opinions or thoughts on a brand of speakers