Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Pioneer Avic-X930BT and Stock Speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 12:29 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
The stock speakers should handle more power ok, but I'm sure you'll want to upgrade eventually. The Bose amp probably couldn't blow out a pair of earbuds, so if it's distorting, it's due to the amp being unable to provide the requested amount of power, not the speakers being unable to handle the power from the amp.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Javi04
I purchased this amp 6 channel amp, http://www.woofersetc.com/p-5584-a64...amplifier.aspx I haven't had time to install it. I'll let you know if it changes anything, once I get it installed.
hey, let me know what it sounds like with the new amp installed

Old 12-31-2011, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^yes please let us know what happens when you install amp. I'm having same problem, installer said he didn't think changing harness from metra to pac would make a difference but i've asked him to order and install it anyways. the stock bose unit sounded sick compared to most in my opinion i just want it to bump like it used to without ****ing up the speakers..right now on the low end it's lacking hard and on the high end it's too much no matter how you eq it it's become super annoying. so i hope the pac harness will fix it at least to a comprable degree i don't really have room for a 300 dollar amp in my bank account. ;/

Old 01-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by N2N06
^yes please let us know what happens when you install amp. I'm having same problem, installer said he didn't think changing harness from metra to pac would make a difference but i've asked him to order and install it anyways. the stock bose unit sounded sick compared to most in my opinion i just want it to bump like it used to without ****ing up the speakers..right now on the low end it's lacking hard and on the high end it's too much no matter how you eq it it's become super annoying. so i hope the pac harness will fix it at least to a comprable degree i don't really have room for a 300 dollar amp in my bank account. ;/
i switched from the metra to pac and it definetly improved, mostly it's just louder. But it's not as good as it was stock.

Question for all of you: Do any of you ever encounter a shut down where your Avic unit doesn't output any audio sound at all? The screen works but won't put out any sound. It only fixes itself (sometimes) when the car restarts. Anybody?

Old 01-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
I've seen this exact story so many times... that is, of course, the reason that my shopping list explicitly says that if you're keeping the Bose amp, you get the PAC ROEM-NIS2.

My real recommendation, of course, is to get rid of the POS Bose amp completely. The easiest replacement would be a 6-channel amp, and re-use the stock speaker wiring (NOT POWER WIRING) to send the signal to the stock speakers. The more flexible but more complicated way is to use a four-channel amp for the front speakers and pick up a separate mono-channel or 2-channel amp to power the rear woofer/6x9's.

If you were happy with the sound quality with Bose, you'll probably be fine with something like this for an easy install:
JL XD600/6
or this:
http://www.woofersetc.com/p-5584-a64...amplifier.aspx

eggyhustles is probably going to chime in here in a bit with a few more recommendations better than mine though. He's got a lot more more experience with different brands so I'll takes his recommendations for most audio components over my own
If later down the road i replace my speakers with aftermarket speakers. Will these amps be powerful enough to really pump the speakers? or are you recommending these strictly in the situation that the bose speakers remain in tact?

Old 01-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by ceeze
If later down the road i replace my speakers with aftermarket speakers. Will these amps be powerful enough to really pump the speakers? or are you recommending these strictly in the situation that the bose speakers remain in tact?
Yes, these amps will put out enough for aftermarket speakers, and enough for a small sub if you bridge some of the channels, but if you're looking to do a speaker and sub upgrade, you'll probably want more powerful amps.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
i switched from the metra to pac and it definetly improved, mostly it's just louder. But it's not as good as it was stock.

Question for all of you: Do any of you ever encounter a shut down where your Avic unit doesn't output any audio sound at all? The screen works but won't put out any sound. It only fixes itself (sometimes) when the car restarts. Anybody?
I haven't had a problem where is shuts down like that.

I did purchase another amp JL 500/1 to power a JL10w6v2 in a 4080 enclosure.
Keeping the stock bose speakers for now.
Just waiting the amp and sub to come in, to go get everything installed. I'll keep you guys updated.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:12 PM
I got everything installed, sounds so much better now.
It does make a difference once you get rid bose amp.

They only problems I'm having now, when i put it up my lights start to dim and I need to find a better place to put my second amp.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Javi04
I got everything installed, sounds so much better now.
It does make a difference once you get rid bose amp.

They only problems I'm having now, when i put it up my lights start to dim and I need to find a better place to put my second amp.
I'm happy to hear you're finally happy with your sound sytem!

So the new amp is powering the sub right?. What's powering the other 6 speakers? the head unit?

The following users liked this post:
Javi04 (02-05-2012)
Old 02-05-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm happy to hear you're finally happy with your sound sytem!

So the new amp is powering the sub right?. What's powering the other 6 speakers? the head unit?
Thanks man.

Yeah the 500v1 is powering the sub and then I have a JL 6 Channel powering my speakers. http://www.woofersetc.com/p-5584-a64...amplifier.aspx