Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Feedback on my master plan with a question or 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 11:16 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I am not planning to run anything other than the Focals and a sub now. Originally I have thought about putting components in the front and replacing the rear door speakers with just the mid bass 6.5's with no sub at all, but read a little on speaker phasing and changed my mind.

Do you know anything about the Memphis Belle amp I mentioned? Here's the one I'm looking at:
Amazon Amazon

This amp gets mad respect on the car audio forums I read through, is a 5-channel, has a lot of power, and is priced right, at least this one. I'm waiting for eggystyle to add his feedback on amps, this is the last component I haven't decided on.

I bought the first piece of my system today, a 120G iPod in great shape today locally for under $100. The madness has officially begun.

Thanks again for all of your help. Do you know off the top of your head if the JDM controller needs to be modified for the JVC 3HDT? And is Riverside Infiniti the best place to look for one? That will probably be the next thing I buy so if it needs to be modified, I can get it to you well in advance of my actual install.