Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Speakers are acting up for no reason

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Speakers are acting up for no reason

Well I have aftermarket speakers and i bought the car like this about 2 months ago..
I don't know if there is a problem with the wiring but every time the car goes over a lilttle bump or accelerate too rough or break to rough, all the sound would shift to like left side or right side or all to the back.... i dont know how to fix this can you guys help me pls!!

i have a 2005 g35 coupe pioneer avic d-3 and the rest of the speakers are aftermarket

Old 10-04-2011, 12:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dont know how to fix this

My left front and left rear speakers cut in an out when playing a CD. Works fine on radio and tape player. Any thoughts for the both of us.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:47 PM
noone has the knowledge of this?

Old 10-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
Are you running through the factory Bose amp / aftermarket amp / headunit powered directly wired to the speakers?

First guess is a bad ground and if you're using the factory Bose amp I'd look there. Could also be an issue with the wiring behind the head unit (like the RCAs are securely fashioned or they're grounding out on some piece of metal back there when the car jerks too hard in any given direction).

If you bought the car with all of that installed you may not be able to answer the above questions, but if you did it yourself/had it done you should be able to remember what equipment went in and then we can figure out how it's wired before you start looking at which possibility is causing your problem. But best guess at the moment is RCA grounding behind the radio or bad wiring in the trunk.

And edit: If you're running speaker level output and converting that to use the Bose amp (LOC) rather than RCA out there's another set of connections there to check, but start with letting us know what's been installed and how, if you can.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Well i bought it like this so cant really answer any of the above ... But can you explain a little more about what you about the trunk wiring?

Old 10-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
If you look under the carpet and plastic panel in the driver side in the trunk you'll see the nose amp. Make sure the ground is good, should be able to see it going to the body nearby, if its loose, torque it down a but. Also look under the rear deck and see if there are any odd wires being tapped into the factory wire loom (same goes for the factory amp). Snap pics of anything that doesn't look stock. If everything seems cool there, its going to be an issue behind the radio (assuming the radio itself is still good). That's more of a pain tho, the trunk is easier to check first.

I'm kinda sure you'll have to pull the radio though

Old 10-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Pull the head unit out and see how the connections are made behind there. That is the first step.

If you have speakers going out all over (all left, all right, all back, etc) I would first assume bad connections somewhere. Redo all connections and see if it gets any better.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xiaphin
My left front and left rear speakers cut in an out when playing a CD. Works fine on radio and tape player. Any thoughts for the both of us.
Mine does the same ****...I dont know why.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Bang the side of the headunit, it should be back to normal playing.

To fix it possibly, take about the stock unit, there is a ribbon connecting to the unit, trim a little piece off, stick it back in, fixed.