Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GROM USB Bluetooth Aux install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interested in buying this and had a couple questions for those of you with experience.

Is the App required to stream music through the phone?

How well do the steering wheel controls work?

Is song information displayed on the factory radio?

Anyone with the bluetooth mic adapter? How well does call audio/voice input work?

Thanks!

Old 01-17-2015, 05:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
G35 Sport Sedan 6MT
I think you'll find most of your questions answered in the thread.

You don't need the app with USB2P and USB3 versions, it will stream directly.

The steering wheel controls work just like the CD, you can skip tracks forward and back, as well as select the SAT source for the GROM.

The display shows artist and title info if you use proper tags. If not it just shows the filename.

Bluetooth call quality I'd as good as some OEM Bluetooth I've used, maybe even a little better.

Old 04-24-2016, 11:55 PM
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I have a question regarding the Bluetooth phone function.

Does it still work when the stereo system is off?

How do you activate the calling feature?

Thanks

Old 04-25-2016, 03:31 AM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
G35 Sport Sedan 6MT
When the stereo is off, you have to turn the stereo on to make the Bluetooth work, but the GROM has power when the stereo is off so it connects right away.

You can either activate calling by pressing and holding one of the buttons on the head unit and using the voice function, or just calling from the phone.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:53 PM
Thanks

Thanks for the help guys.
I do all the work on my G but have never messed around with a factory Bose.

Old 05-10-2019, 11:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G35 5AT, 3M clear bra, 15mm wheel spacers (rear), throttle body spacer, custom fitted floor mats.
I hope this isn't being "out of line" asking this question but this IS related to the same product.
I'm in need of a little help guys? I have searched and googled everywhere and with any description variation as I possess in my vocabulary and I haven't found the answer to this yet(?):

I installed the GROM BT3 unit in my '06 G35 coupe. It works amazingly well (IMO) and I couldn't be happier with the performance of the unit! The included steering wheel controls are a HUGE bonus BUT I DO have ONE issue.... the Skip/Repeat button works opposite to the factory setting (i.e. pushing the button in the UP direction, while playing a CD will SKIP to the next song, but pushing UP while streaming BT will jump back to the beginning of the song.).
I have spoken and written to GROM but all they will give me is a polite "no" - nothing else.

Even though they will not say it, I suspect it's a "legal thing" that prevents them from mimicking the OEM controls because, as good as their products are, I believe they would have already cured that issue a long time ago if they could have(?).

Does ANYONE have any idea how to switch the button control and/or where to find that info? I expect it's just a matter of switching 2 wires(?). I'm sure this "problem" wouldn't bother most people but I'm nerdy that way and it's driving me CRAZY!

Thank you in advance for any help anyone can offer. Cheers!

Old 05-10-2019, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
In the manual it will probably talk about jumpers or switches on the physical box or inside it. You probably bumped one when installing or it was shipped not in the factory style setting. See if you can find that. Because it doesn't make my h sense.

TBH I wouldn't even mess with it.

Old 05-20-2019, 03:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G35 5AT, 3M clear bra, 15mm wheel spacers (rear), throttle body spacer, custom fitted floor mats.
Urban Engineer
Good day bud and thanks for taking the time to respond.
Unfortunately, there are no jumpers and no guidance; other than to plug the unit in-line to the SAT plug, and where to get the power from.
It took me HOURS! I've already attested to my nerdiness, but I'm sure you're aware of what it takes to get to the back of the stereo(?); to carefully remove everything and to put it all back again.
Like I already said, I'm sure it must be a copyright "thing" with Infiniti because I have never even received a single reply from GROM to my emails (other than the immediate autoresponse). I've even tried chatting with them and asking them which wires I could switch, their response has just been an emphatic "no" - not even a polite, "I'm sorry, no"; just a flat-out "no".
I think I'm just going to buy the JDM double-DIN adapter and be done with it; GROM has a great product but they've left a bad taste for me(?).
Thanks again bud. All the best.