Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chicago Installer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chicago Installer

Can anyone recommend a stereo installer in the Chicagoland area? I have a G35 coupe and I want to hard wire an ipod to my existing stereo. They have to add an AAI-NIS plug to the back of the unit and I want to make sure that they've had experience in taking out the stereo in a G35.
I checked out the step by step install on G35ipod but it is more work than I want to do.

I live near Central and Irving Park.

Thanks,

Les

Old 12-22-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by ljorges
Can anyone recommend a stereo installer in the Chicagoland area? I have a G35 coupe and I want to hard wire an ipod to my existing stereo. They have to add an AAI-NIS plug to the back of the unit and I want to make sure that they've had experience in taking out the stereo in a G35.
I checked out the step by step install on G35ipod but it is more work than I want to do.

I live near Central and Irving Park.

Thanks,

Les

try action audio, on irving park rd. its closer to barrington, i think its like opposite of streamwood lanes. if you cant find it, pm me for more info. those guys look like there pretty skilled.

Old 12-22-2004, 07:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Call Bobby at Rays Electronics! He did mine and a few others. Knows the car like the back of his hand! nice guy too! It is a pain in the *** to install! They are in Addison IL (630)543-2826

Hey Neighbor! I live by Laramie and Irving Park let me know if you want check out my install. Also are you interested in taking your car to track? let me know, A bunch of us Chicago G's meet up and go road/Drag racing .

Old 12-22-2004, 11:23 PM
Derek,

You had your ipod installed there or did you have other work done there?

Les

Old 12-22-2004, 11:39 PM
I have a 60 gig MP3 player hooked up with the same PAC Adapter .

Sound Quality is great, I had trouble with it the first couple days that it got cold around here. It wouldn't turn on until the car warmed up, and then I had to restart the car to get it working. However the last couple freezing days it has been working fine .

Last edited by Derek173; 12-22-2004 at 11:42 PM.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:15 AM
Is it removable or permanently mounted? Where did you have it mounted?
Can you send me some pics?

What did they charge you?

Thanks,

Les

Old 12-23-2004, 10:36 AM
i personally did not like ray's, mainly because they dont have a shop and they work on your car in a parking lot. i personally would not trust them, but since derek says a bunch of G's go there, you should check him out. Also Rays is probably cheaper then other installers too and ray himself is a nice guy
i live on barrington and bode, i would like to meet up with the chicago G guys once i get my car, first week of Jan! let me know derek where you guys meet up and stuff

also do you know any one or yourself have a custom trunk set up? i would like to see, need ideas...

Trending Topics

Old 12-23-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by ljorges
Is it removable or permanently mounted? Where did you have it mounted?
Can you send me some pics?

What did they charge you?

Thanks,

Les
No pics, the hard drive based unit is mounted in the trunk and a wired controller sits next to my stereo. If I need to add/remove music I just take it out of the trunk pop it into the computer and thats it. I have had this MP3 player for a while now and I was thinking about switching to an IPOD but the Ipod doesn't have a random feature.

I paid $100 for install plus gave Bobby a $50 tip

Old 12-23-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by symalik
i personally did not like ray's, mainly because they dont have a shop and they work on your car in a parking lot. i personally would not trust them, but since derek says a bunch of G's go there, you should check him out. Also Rays is probably cheaper then other installers too and ray himself is a nice guy
i live on barrington and bode, i would like to meet up with the chicago G guys once i get my car, first week of Jan! let me know derek where you guys meet up and stuff

also do you know any one or yourself have a custom trunk set up? i would like to see, need ideas...
Ray's is a nice place, I can see how you might think its shady (no garage) but they are top notch. I found out about them on this site from a member who had a TON of custom work done to his 350z. I went to the dealer who wanted $350+ to install and I went to a couple local BLING and stereo shops all wanted more than $250. Ray's quoted me $150 and then charged me $100 after 4 hours of work on Pac Adapter+MP3 player hookup with misc cables and cabin filter.

If you are interested in going racing just drop me a PM. We can only go to the drag strip during the winter but as soon as the weather clears... its time to hit some road tracks. We go to Gingerman a pretty safe course about 2+ mile long and very technical (lots of turning) then in April and October we go for a weekend at Road America!! That trip is pricey but worth it if you really want to push the car. Thats a very fast track! you will see 120+mph on the straights as Porsches and Ferrari's go by like your standing still

Last edited by Derek173; 12-23-2004 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:29 PM
Derek

Derek,

Check your pm or email.

Les