Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

This is driving me crazy!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2012 | 12:44 AM
|
This is driving me crazy!!!

Ok so i have no idea whats going on, how to fix it, or what to even call it... My whole console has been randomly tweeking out like one every 2 or 3 weeks for the pase 3 months. I think the auto air control takes over or something, but heres whats going on.... the whole console shuts off... the air conditioning goes on full blast, and none of the buttons are responsive at all... i cant turn it off or anything. i was like whatever before because it would return like 10 minutes later, but now im pretty sure its stuck like that. The radio/cd player doesnt light up and the buttons dont do anything either. I can control the radio from the steering wheel though, and it does turn on/off/play if i use the buttons on the steering.. the whole console... temp control, radio, cd... if pretty much rendered useless when this happens... anyone know what the hell is going on and how I fix it??????????

Old 02-09-2012 | 02:09 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Premier Member
The circuit board or, if you're lucky, just the ribbon cable going to it, is the likely problem.

Best fix is to go aftermarket, but you may be able to get by with just cleaning up the connections on the ribbon cable:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...ht=channel+fix

If that doesn't work, just start saving for aftermarket.

Old 02-09-2012 | 02:41 AM
^^^^^^^^^ this. It sounds like the circuit board. Not sure about the ribbon cable thing, but Wrathernaut has owned his G longet than I have mine, so I Would start with that!

Old 02-09-2012 | 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by aptony
Ok so i have no idea whats going on, how to fix it, or what to even call it... My whole console has been randomly tweeking out like one every 2 or 3 weeks for the pase 3 months. I think the auto air control takes over or something, but heres whats going on.... the whole console shuts off... the air conditioning goes on full blast, and none of the buttons are responsive at all... i cant turn it off or anything. i was like whatever before because it would return like 10 minutes later, but now im pretty sure its stuck like that. The radio/cd player doesnt light up and the buttons dont do anything either. I can control the radio from the steering wheel though, and it does turn on/off/play if i use the buttons on the steering.. the whole console... temp control, radio, cd... if pretty much rendered useless when this happens... anyone know what the hell is going on and how I fix it??????????
This member seems to have had the same issues with his center console. Buttons randomly not working, unresponsive CD player and AC controls tweaking out.

He doesnt say eactly how it was fixed but maybe this would be a good lead for more info. He listed the guy's phone number that fixed all the issues...

Check this link:

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...nty-150-a.html

Old 02-09-2012 | 11:29 PM
|
Im planning on going aftermarket, but i just have no time to do it right now... i can live with it for a little bit, but i just wanted to make sure i wasnt going to have the same problems with new equipment