Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Cheap Bose radio bypass.. Music playin now!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cheap Bose radio bypass.. Music playin now!

After buying my 03 G sedan and rollin in silence the pass few weeks. I decided to take action!..

I figured since the aftermarket wire harness has 4 rca inputs. Id use a rca to 3.5mm cord, with a set of rca splitters and female to female adapters. I already have 32gigs of music on my Samsung S2 and an EQ app.

It all took about and hour to do. And sounds AWESOME!!... Plus saved myself close to 300 bucks I would have had to pay just to have tunes..

All in all it cost me 13 bucks.
aftermarket radio wire harness for Bose
RCA to 3.5mm cord
2x F to M RCA splitters
4x F to F RCA adapters

Sorry I didt take pix.. Its super simple tho. Just connect the red wire thats supposed turn the radio no, to the blue one with white tracer. Which is the amp turn on wire. Easy as that! So now the amp alone comes on when the key is turned. As far as the RCAs go. Take ur time splitting the channels so it balanced right. Put the dash back together. I drilled a hole in the center console to have the 3.5mm jack wire end near my car charger.. Voila! Now ur

The following users liked this post:
Wrathernaut (09-23-2012)
Old 09-23-2012, 04:24 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
So essentially, you've just bypassed the entire radio for audio? Definitely a good option if the radio fails, but everything related to the climate controls is still working fine.

How's the bass? It seems this would have about the same success rate as using the 70-7551 to install an aftermarket radio, since you still have the balanced audio signal incompatibility issue, which affects bass more than anything else. I'd like to see if other people using low-power output signal sources can see the same success. I'd probably recommend using the PAC ROEM-NIS2 instead of the 70-7551 harness just to make sure it works.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
So essentially, you've just bypassed the entire radio for audio? Definitely a good option if the radio fails, but everything related to the climate controls is still working
Yea, just bypassed the stock none working radio. The balance is right. I was playing music from my phone checking which channel was what during install. An like I said my phone has an EQ app.. The bass is actually great! Ive never owned a car that has such deep tones hitting hard in the doors. Im used to full range speaker inside the cab with subs in trunk. Still debating how far I wanna go with my G...

Old 09-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow no pics huh??? I just installed an AUX input in my friends trailblazer SS it cost me a whole $2.99 to do it there must be something simple like this for us man.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Scrildo
Wow no pics huh??? I just installed an AUX input in my friends trailblazer SS it cost me a whole $2.99 to do it there must be something simple like this for us man.
No sorry. Super simple.. Dont really need pix do you? The Video on Youtube shows how to pull out the radio..Thats all it took me. Once out just unplug the 2x radio harness connectors in back. Plug in the aftermarket radio harness. And done! Like I said, Super simple.. Read my first post up top^.. All cost under 15 bucks! An thats only cause the aftermarket Boss harness was 6 bucks. Rather cheap! If you honestly cant afford to do this maybe you should rethink owning a G

Old 10-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by spankinhamz
if you honestly cant afford to do this maybe you should rethink owning a g

Old 10-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SpankinHamz
No sorry. Super simple.. Dont really need pix do you? The Video on Youtube shows how to pull out the radio..Thats all it took me. Once out just unplug the 2x radio harness connectors in back. Plug in the aftermarket radio harness. And done! Like I said, Super simple.. Read my first post up top^.. All cost under 15 bucks! An thats only cause the aftermarket Boss harness was 6 bucks. Rather cheap! If you honestly cant afford to do this maybe you should rethink owning a G
First of all i dont have a problem spending 15 bux to do this and unlike you my headunit is working i'm not trying to bypass the radio just trying to add an aux input. I do however cant justify spending 100 plus dollars for the pac unit etc just to add an aux input. No need for the smartass comment.

Old 08-17-2014, 12:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been looking for a cheap solution - and you found it. I plan to plug in my s4 smartphone with a Fiio E11 portable headphone amp at first. Then I'll fab something to hold a smartphone/ipad securely but remain removable. Not sure about the wiring. Could you fill in the blanks?
PAC ROEM-NIS2 ------- CAR
Red (ignition/switched) --- yellow (vehicle ignition or cigarette lighter power)
Black (ground) ---- ?
Yellow (battery) ---- ?
blue/white (amp trigger) ---- ?
White/red (left front low level +) ----\\\\\
Green/red (left rear low level +) ---///// 3.5mm headphone left or rca
Gray/red (right front low level +) ---\\\\\
Purple/red (right rear low level +) ---///// 3.5mm headphone right or RCA
? -------------------------- 3.5mm headphone or RCA negative
White/black (left front -) -- ?
Green/black (left rear -) -- ?
Gray/black (right front -) -- ?
Purple/black (right rear -) ------- ?