Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

remove entire rear seat to replace rear deck 6x9 bose bass speaker?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
remove entire rear seat to replace rear deck 6x9 bose bass speaker?

I have seen a detailed post in the sedan area saying in order to replace the rear deck bass speakers up by the 3rd brake light you need to remove the rear seat bottom and back. Than rmove side panels and than take out entir deck. Is this the same for coupe? Also I am not trying to enhance sound at all just want to remedy this blown? Speaker. It is vibrating all crazy and when I try to deaden by put my finger inside it from the trunk it sounds fine but I am thinking it needs replacement. I am having some work done on that side regarding a leak from the trunk and have a feeling the body shop messed it up somehow. Any Chance something loose? I did check the wires and they seems fine tho. If I have to replace any suggestions I don't want to break the bank. Getting another sto k would be the easiest install obviuosly since I just got to plug in. But for the price of. Stock used Bose cann probably get a pair of better brand new 6x9s. Any input is cool

Old 04-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts
Yup, as far as I know. Had to do it when I replaced mine.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:10 PM
It definately sounds like the speaker is blown...

I recently removed my stock 6x9s in a 2005 coupe when I installed my aftermarket stereo. Taking everything apart isn't bad. You remove the bottom seat cushion simply by yanking it up (it takes a lot of force though), Then remove the back part of the seats. From there I can't remember the order but you have to remove the side panels, side pillars, and a few pieces near the back deck...most of it just pops off (there are two screws under the "airbag" clip things on the side pillars).

I would look for a used OEM 6x9 from someone on this site...I recently sold 2 OEM bose 6x9s and 2 OEM bose door speakers all for 60$ shipped. Should be able to snag one for 20-30$.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
if you're going to take it apart and replace it, might as well replace it with better quality aftermarket.as you have mentioned it is a lot of work to take it apart... jmo

Old 04-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Yea gr6 I tend to agree. From what I understand tho aftetmarkets would have to be spliced instead of easily plugging in the Bose. Hoe difficult is this? Any solder required?

Old 04-05-2013, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by GR6RR
if you're going to take it apart and replace it, might as well replace it with better quality aftermarket.as you have mentioned it is a lot of work to take it apart... jmo
Any recs on decent priced speakers? Also are these 2 ohms would u know?

Old 04-08-2013, 12:08 AM
I removed the rear seat bottom, was fairly easy just had to yank up like everyone said. I than removed the seat back gate. This was just held in by 2 bolts. Disconnected the trunk release cable and seats are gone. I than removed the side panels. Removed the child safety things and the 3rd brake light from the rear deck and was able to get the rear deck out. From looks the speakers seem fine, no tears or anything. But they sound like there blown. They are 8 year old speakers so i will just replace them and see what happens.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:10 AM
I am reading that the stock speakers are 2 ohm. Any speaker recommendations? CRutchfield says only 8 speakers will fit back on the rear deck. I also may replasce the side rear door speakers since there exposed right now also. Will I get any gains from this?

Old 04-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by TotalChump
I am reading that the stock speakers are 2 ohm. Any speaker recommendations? CRutchfield says only 8 speakers will fit back on the rear deck. I also may replasce the side rear door speakers since there exposed right now also. Will I get any gains from this?
Stock speakers are not 2 ohm.
https://g35driver.com/forums/754708-post1.html