Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

PAC Aux Input Adaptor "No SAT"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAC Aux Input Adaptor "No SAT"

I am running my IPOD and DVD sound through this into my head unit. It seems that I frequently get the "NO SAT." Not exactly sure when it happens each time but I have found that if I am using my IPOD and I turn it off, before turning the radio off, the next time I start the car I get the "NO SAT." I then turn the car off and back on and it works.

Anyon else having this problem. I get tired of pulling out of my driveway or wherever to find that I have the "No Sat" display. Probably not a good idea to turn the car off and on a million times either.

Thanks GF

Old 02-01-2005, 02:32 PM
DUDE! i installed my PAC unit on Saturday night. worked great. drove around yesterday, worked great. hop in my car for work this morning, plug in the Ipod. "NO SAT". WHAT THE HELL? i get to work and pull the shifter console up to check the unit and make sure everything is plugged in. check. i'm now fuming and pissed that i'm going to have to pull the radio again. so i try it one last time before coming into the office and it worked. jeez. i'm a little disappointed that this will be an issue. glad to hear its not just me though.

Old 02-01-2005, 02:39 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
Is this a 2005 issue? Is this an ipod issue only?

Old 02-01-2005, 02:41 PM
i have an 04 Bose. using an Ipod

Old 02-01-2005, 02:52 PM
I'm thinking if you turn off the radio before turning off the source, like the ipod, then it won't happen. But I'm not sure. Anyone elseo know? GF

Old 02-01-2005, 05:37 PM
I have sold MANY PAC units to the people on here and on other boards as well, and have not heard of this issue until I read this. Not sure what the story is - but I am surprised. I have sold plenty of units for the last few months already.

I have my Ipod connected through the Belkin Auto Kit unit, and it works flawlessly.

Anyone else??

Old 02-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I first hooked mine up it said "no sat". I turned the car off and turned it back on and I had sat 1 and sat 2. Hasn't happened again since then, about 8 months ago.

I also helped another member here install his and it did the exact same thing but he hasn't mentioned it happening again.

Old 02-02-2005, 11:01 AM
My theory was wrong. It happened again this morning. It sucks to start driving and have to pull over to turn the car off an back on to listen to my IPOD.

Old 02-02-2005, 11:45 AM
Maybe you can wire a switch to the power line on your PAC unit so you can switch the power off and on again without having to restart your car. I had a similiar problem when I put the adapter in my Avalanche so I could run XM through my stock HU. The instructions had me wire the power lead to constant power, but when I turned the truck off and then back on again, I lost my xm. I would unplug the power to the adapter and plug it back in and it would reset and work again. I ended up hooking the power wire up to a switch power source and I haven't had a problem since. (it's been over a year)

Old 02-02-2005, 12:19 PM
The PAC unit draws power through the cable on the factory headunit. There is no seperate lead for 12v+. For a basic install, it is a one cable install to the back of the headunit.

Old 02-02-2005, 12:31 PM
ikSardarG,

Any thoughts on any other sort of work around? GF

Old 02-02-2005, 02:33 PM
I have the same problem as well. I've been using the pac unit since september. It doesn't really bother me at all, but a solution would be nice.

04 coupe auto

Old 02-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by floorg
ikSardarG,

Any thoughts on any other sort of work around? GF
Hmmm... I think I will speak to them and ask what's going on. We'll see how to address the issue from there...

Old 02-02-2005, 03:22 PM
ikSardarG,

Thanks for helping us with this. Hopefully you'll come up with something, but your efforts either way are greatly appreciated. GF

Old 02-02-2005, 04:31 PM
I have just spoken with my rep at PAC and have basically been directed to the engineers behind the unit... Will let you know more as it comes. They have NEVER heard of this issue either.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PAC Aux Input Adaptor "No SAT"