Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Left side bose speakers only working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Left side bose speakers only working

Hi,

I noticed a yesterday that only half of my speakers (drivers side) are playing at normal volume. The right side is quiet and barley plays any sound. The tweeter seems to be the quietest but the speaker below it is pretty muffled. The rear speakers on the right are definitely quieter as well. The right side randomly works when I start up sometimes but most of the time it isn't as loud.

I have an 03 with the bose system. The headunit, still stock, was replaced about 20k miles ago by previous owner. I have a double din I could throw in replacement.

I don't think it's the speakers themselves.

Could it be the headunit going again? Maybe the amp or the amp wiring? I haven't looked at the amp diagram yet.

Thanks,

Aaron

Old 09-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by AaronLaser
Hi,

I noticed a yesterday that only half of my speakers (drivers side) are playing at normal volume. The right side is quiet and barley plays any sound. The tweeter seems to be the quietest but the speaker below it is pretty muffled. The rear speakers on the right are definitely quieter as well. The right side randomly works when I start up sometimes but most of the time it isn't as loud.

I have an 03 with the bose system. The headunit, still stock, was replaced about 20k miles ago by previous owner. I have a double din I could throw in replacement.

I don't think it's the speakers themselves.

Could it be the headunit going again? Maybe the amp or the amp wiring? I haven't looked at the amp diagram yet.

Thanks,

Aaron
You might want to give this thread a look, it could just be a loose ribbon cable:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...g-channel.html

Old 09-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
usually before, it was the driver's side for me. I used to have to bang on the side of the unit and it'll come back on, until I replaced it with a JDM DD and new head unit.