Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Dd

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 02:00 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
get a dd with new ac controller. get the radio later. at least this way, you'd fix your ac and heater problem first.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
Originally Posted by TB35
I need your help Wrathernut I've searched on here for a while about the HVAC/Radio issue and I have checked the fuses the a/c sensor as well as taking the connector ribbon from the cd to the radio its self off and nothing has changed I have nothing no steering controls no radio a/c blows on high on 60 non stop and occasionally changes from high to low? I have also checked to see if I had loose resistors and there is no sign of that on my circuit board what do you suggest?
I suggest ditching the failure-prone factory radio. You've got a good excuse to do the "repair" of getting a nice new radio. Other than that, like was mentioned in the other thread, those resistors may not be connected, even if they look ok.

Old 10-30-2013, 03:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Come down to savannah, GA and I'll do it free (gas getting here is on you though). Weather's perfect down here
Wrathernaut. I'm only about 4-5 hours of drive up north in Raleigh area, I could use your offer! Seriously, I've been at this issue / project (3:30 AM) and researching like crazy for days. Thanks to your guide, I have understood a lot now.

It's either someone installs the whole thing for me (In-dash nav + rearview backup camera) or I take up the project. The factors are, it's cold out here, not too sure how much hassles it could be (though I changed out the clock bulbs ($8.69) that infiniti stealership wanted me to replace the whole piece for about $400). All these versus having a pro do it for some hefty labor charges. This is bound to get expensive on a car that's now 10 years old...

Old 11-02-2013, 01:08 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
Originally Posted by SolidOrange
Wrathernaut. I'm only about 4-5 hours of drive up north in Raleigh area, I could use your offer! Seriously, I've been at this issue / project (3:30 AM) and researching like crazy for days. Thanks to your guide, I have understood a lot now.

It's either someone installs the whole thing for me (In-dash nav + rearview backup camera) or I take up the project. The factors are, it's cold out here, not too sure how much hassles it could be (though I changed out the clock bulbs ($8.69) that infiniti stealership wanted me to replace the whole piece for about $400). All these versus having a pro do it for some hefty labor charges. This is bound to get expensive on a car that's now 10 years old...
I'm up for it... got a couple long weekends coming up this month.

It's been AWESOME weather here the last few weeks... I'd know, having spent the last two weeks out at field training

For an install like that, you'd have to either get up real early, or book a hotel room, but hey, it's Savannah. Good town to spend a weekend in.

PM me if you feel like the short trip, I'll pencil you in. Just remember, you're buying lunch.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
I'm up for it... got a couple long weekends coming up this month.
Hey Wrathernaut. Sorry about not responding earlier. That's so generous of you! I thought about it...but looks like a mechanic I know seems to be handy about stuff like this so getting him to do the install, including the rearview backup camera. Thank you for your offer!

It's an '03 G35 Sedan.

Using your guide, this is what I have ordered:

JVC KW-NT510HDT Navigation Receiver

Infiniti G35 OEM Adapter (Tan) Metra Trim

PAC ROEMNIS2 Interface

Axxess Metra ASWC-1

Nissan Antenna Adapter

Pioneer ND-BC6 Universal Rear View Camera

Posi-Products Connector Kit

All good, huh?

I did some research on how to install the backup camera but didn't find anything like your guide. I want to be prepared in case the installer can't think up how to properly install the camera. Is there some info like that somewhere on the forum? Say, on the license plate, etc. Do I need to buy anything to make this a proper and smooth install? Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.